The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

you didnt mention zionism or palestine just jewish this, jews that, its not helpful.

as for the last point, you mentioned me so dont play dumb

Mel, had you been following the whole anti semetic debacle you would have known that the slur of anti semetism is levied against anyone who DARE to speak about the Israeli atrocities against the Palestinians.. This is 'the' only reason anti semetism is being thrown around..

And the reason I say Jews is because it is THEY who are objecting to ANYONE supporting the Palestinians right to live in their own land and not be forcibly removed to live in a barren area with no access to water, and having their children murdered for throwing stones. That IS NOT anti semetic.....

Neither Corbyn nor I, and anyone else having this view 'hate' Jews. We just hate what they are doing to the Palestinians.

Incidentally, I have many Jewish friends and colleagues who ALSO hate what is done against the Palestinians...

I can assure you that I am the farthest thing from dumb that you will meet on here, and I really don't know what you are asking in b.

Please, be more specific.

Mel, had you been following the whole anti semetic debacle you would have known that the slur of anti semetism is levied against anyone who DARE to speak about the Israeli atrocities against the Palestinians.. This is 'the' only reason anti semetism is being thrown around..

And the reason I say Jews is because it is THEY who are objecting to ANYONE supporting the Palestinians right to live in their own land and not be forcibly removed to live in a barren area with no access to water, and having their children murdered for throwing stones. That IS NOT anti semetic.....

Neither Corbyn nor I, and anyone else having this view 'hate' Jews. We just hate what they are doing to the Palestinians.

Incidentally, I have many Jewish friends and colleagues who ALSO hate what is done against the Palestinians...

I can assure you that I am the farthest thing from dumb that you will meet on here, and I really don't know what you are asking in b.

Please, be more specific.

Not dumb but don't read the post and realise that Mel asked a question in C not b :hihi:

Its pointless Mel , I know we are across the divide but you may as well talk to the wall . :mad: Goodnight

---------- Post added 06-05-2018 at 00:04 ----------

That's politics cocker . Is Jeremy still in charge even after Mr Allam has spent all this money , yes . Are Hull City still called Hull City ,yes . For a former Lib Dem voter you seem to have an unnatural love for Jeremy and a total hatred for anyone opposed to him . Goodnight

Yes Jeremy is still leader. but the question you should be asking I

is who is behind all the anti Corbyn propaganda????

Another interesting article:

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/2016/07/07/super-rich-labour-donor-offering-coup-plotters-millions-quit-party/

Read it ALL to the end, and not just the first paragraph.

It is very late for me now. I will be back after the weekend, I have family and children to see.

Yes Jeremy is still leader. but the question you should be asking I

is who is behind all the anti Corbyn propaganda????

Another interesting article:

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/2016/07/07/super-rich-labour-donor-offering-coup-plotters-millions-quit-party/

Read it ALL to the end, and not just the first paragraph.

It is very late for me now. I will be back after the weekend, I have family and children to see.

Watch for the alien intruders :)

Not dumb but don't read the post and realise that Mel asked a question in C not b :hihi:

:huh:

Mel says- C - oh and ask me about what? Oo

And I am supposed to know what this means?

I speak English, French and Japanese. Not Gibberish.

Isn't it strange that we seem to discuss everything about Jeremy Corbyn including the his inside leg measurement, but never his policies.

I wonder why that is? Could it be because few people actually know them?

I assure you the Official Leader of the Opposition has them, but in all those collumn inches the important stuff like his policies never get a mention much less a serious discussion. Just endless rants about his character, his friends, the fact that he eats cold baked beans from the tin etc.

Anyone would think the establishment didn't want people to know about them.... I wonder why...?

Isn't it strange that we seem to discuss everything about Jeremy Corbyn including the his inside leg measurement, but never his policies.

I assure you the Official Leader of the Opposition has them, but in all those collumn inches the important stuff like his policies never get a mention much less a serious discussion. Just endless rants about his character, his friends, the fact that he eats cold baked beans from the tin etc.

Anyone would think the establishment didn't want people to know about them.... I wonder why...?

To character is more important than policies, because let's face it in Britain politicians (of all party's) have a habit of saying things when they want votes and 'forgetting' about them when they've been elected.

Someone's character to me defines how likely they are to carry out their policies. I think assessing someone's character (which includes the friends they choose to associate with) is far more important than 'when I'm elected I'll give you the world'. Statements are easy to make, character is harder to maintain if you're intention is to dupe people.

This isn't an attack on JC, it is a general statement aimed at all politicians/parties.

For someone who intimated that they knew everything about me, just because I referred to you as ‘dear’, and now question the integrity of many of my posts, aren’t you being slightly hypocritical? :hihi:

To character is more important than policies, because let's face it in Britain politicians (of all party's) have a habit of saying things when they want votes and 'forgetting' about them when they've been elected.

Someone's character to me defines how likely they are to carry out their policies. I think assessing someone's character (which includes the friends they choose to associate with) is far more important than 'when I'm elected I'll give you the world'. Statements are easy to make, character is harder to maintain if you're intention is to dupe people.

This isn't an attack on JC, it is a general statement aimed at all politicians/parties.

If you want character and integrity then Jeremy Corbyn must surely be your first choice. That's what makes him different from most other politicians. Also why they go to such lengths to besmirch his good name.

Stop it now . You are making yourself look silly :loopy: Or have I been brainwashed ?:)

yes.....:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You may or may not be correct about that, however it's also quite clear that antisemitism exists and would so regardless of the israel/palestine conflict.

there have always been people who have issues with jews and judaism and that goes back hundreds of years, the last 70-80 years has seen antisemitism in the uk driven to the political fringes but not quite extinguished.

everyone expects the extreme right to be antisemitic and we aren't really surprised by it, but it's also the case that elements of the extreme left are as antisemitic as the extreme right.

the extreme left has had no real public visibility for decades and they were further isolated from mainstream politics by the rejection of labour in the 1980's and it's subsequent drift to the centre.

the rise of Mr Corbyn, Momentum and other elements of the extreme left has brought some of their unpleasant views back into public view and normal people are surprised and shocked by them.

anything which shocks and surprises people tends to appeal to the media as it makes for an easy story which sells well but this is secondary to the fact that people need to be aware that these elements exist within the party which aspires (and has a chance) to form a future government of the country.

trying to dismiss all this as just some sort of anti-corbyn conspiracy just sounds paranoid and means labour won't face up to and deal with a very real problem within the party.

Very well said Anna.

Here's why...

Jimmy Dore discusses Jeremy Corbyn's policies in detail....

Here is another insight into who Jeremy Corbyn is....

Note how everywhere he goes are crowds of happy cheering people. Unlike the Tories who run about like rats surrounded by minders to protect them from the unwashed hordes, as they view us.

I have been following all his rallies, and the more I see of him, the more convinced I am that this is the only way forward for everyone.. Unfortunately there are still snakes in the party grass who despite Jeremy's reservations , need to be removed because they are poisonous..

I spent my life empowering children and teaching them to be inclusive, but you really have to know your enemy and disarm them.

Unfortunately, England is full of Tory supporting turkeys who are going to vote for Christmas.

Also, the tax dodging millionaire owned right wing media have pulled out all the big guns out to get Corbyn.

---------- Post added 06-05-2018 at 10:21 ----------

You may or may not be correct about that, however it's also quite clear that antisemitism exists and would so regardless of the israel/palestine conflict.

there have always been people who have issues with jews and judaism and that goes back hundreds of years, the last 70-80 years has seen antisemitism in the uk driven to the political fringes but not quite extinguished.

everyone expects the extreme right to be antisemitic and we aren't really surprised by it, but it's also the case that elements of the extreme left are as antisemitic as the extreme right.

the extreme left has had no real public visibility for decades and they were further isolated from mainstream politics by the rejection of labour in the 1980's and it's subsequent drift to the centre.

the rise of Mr Corbyn, Momentum and other elements of the extreme left has brought some of their unpleasant views back into public view and normal people are surprised and shocked by them.

anything which shocks and surprises people tends to appeal to the media as it makes for an easy story which sells well but this is secondary to the fact that people need to be aware that these elements exist within the party which aspires (and has a chance) to form a future government of the country.

trying to dismiss all this as just some sort of anti-corbyn conspiracy just sounds paranoid and means labour won't face up to and deal with a very real problem within the party.

Andy, It isn't a 70/80 year old problem, it has been around since the Egyptians exiled Moses... over 3,000 years ago?

King John, King Henry111 imprisoned tortured and extorted money from the Jews. King Edward 1 was responsible for the expulsion and massacre of Jews.

We can only say that since those days things in Britain have definitely improved and become far safer and inclusive for Jews.

Fact is, there are billions of ignorant, ill informed people out there who have issues with anyone who is in the least bit different to themselves...and the MEDIA encourage it.......

Put a group of thirty reception children in a room and they will happily accept any differences. Not one will ask the ethnicity, or religion of another. They are taught hate and discrimination by ADULTS.

Have to go now. the sun and family are calling me...

Edited by catpus
edit