The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

So Jeremy sacrificed him ?

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 19:25 ----------

I agree with you

thats how i see it, how do you see it?

thats how i see it, how do you see it?

To be honest with you , I haven't really followed the anti Semitism row , that's why I asked questions on here

To be honest with you , I haven't really followed the anti Semitism row , that's why I asked questions on here

Ok.... facepalms...

Ok.... facepalms...

Why the cute comment ? Just because I haven't done an in depth analysis , looked at every news outlet and perused every comment on the subject ?

So you are saying ,that Jeremy who is lauded for being honest and fair with strong moral values , actually threw out a member of his party ,( who you imply was innocent) just to look like he is doing something about anti semitism

Like I said, Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

The whole anti-semitism thing has been bigged up to cause mischief.

Like I said, Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

The whole anti-semitism thing has been bigged up to cause mischief.

So hes not the saintly person that you paint him to be ?, hes just playing to the media ?

So hes not the saintly person that you paint him to be ?, hes just playing to the media ?

No, he's doing his best, in a no-win situation.

Quite amusing to see Javid put down Diane Abbot yesterday on the Windrush monopoly!

total garbage. People were already just as literate as they are today when Labour first took power in 1945 and in actual fact people were probably more widely read then they are now. People certainly read more books, and good ones too, than they do today. People also read a lot more newspapers back then than they do now. Many millions more, in fact.

the rest of this rant is just the usual 'blame the media' type stuff as if working-class people are just a bunch of robots that are unable to make their minds up about anything at all. It shows, yet again, the utter contempt that left wingers actually have for the working class who don't know what's good for them. No wonder working class people stopped wanting to vote, for left wing parties. They realised that the politicians didn't want them to have any aspirations, and thought that they were imbeciles.

You have corroborated exactly what I said..

"People did read books, and good ones" - yes but fiction or celebrity biographies. I read at least three a month - on political issues.

"People also read a LOT MORE newspapers, many millions more in fact"...

True -It is those people who were conditioned to trust Newspapers and the British Brainwashing Corporations who lie through their teeth.. to this day.

"No wonder working class people stopped wanting to vote, for left wing parties. They realised that the politicians didn't want them to have any aspirations, and thought that they were imbeciles".

Precisely, and the 'working class' proved them right, by NOT getting out to vote... Also the working class at that time was afraid to align with the Labour party, because they had been branded Red for daring to put the people first, and God forbid anyone would call them a Commie? the Working man became a self hater thanks to Thatcher and Yuppies were venerated and encouraged by TV to disassociate themselves with those less fortunate. What a world you created?

The Conservative Party want you to know your place, and do what you are told, and keep voting the 'silver spoons' in to enable them to continue to feather their already very plump nests... While yours gets thinner and thinner..

For every one of you who climb the ladder there are thousands who are on the breadline and relying on food banks for food...

ALL because of lousy Tory policies. And are you OK with that?

Thank god it is as Anne says - younger people under the age of 55 now all use the internet, and fact check immediately what they are told, at least those that use the internet for other than pleasure. And it is these people who are turning the tide and swelling the ranks of the Labour Party. lying

---------- Post added 02-05-2018 at 01:01 ----------

What!

Then why are you even commenting on it?

You don't need to ask questions on here - all you need is to go online and read 'alternative news' about exactly what happens and why.

Smear against J.Corbyn - why?

Incidentally - Jimmy Dore is also Jewish.

The Tory Party want J.Corbyn gone.. Why the smear helped.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4864542.stm

This is just for starters..

Suggested reading Off Guardian/ Activist Post/ UK Column/ Zero Hedge/ 21st century Wire/ Craig Murray/ Counter Punch/ Paul Craig Roberts/ Jimmy Dore/ Vanessa Beeley.

You can even leave them running while you 'chat' on here, to enaqble a more informed debate?

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 12:52 ----------

I hope you have "all" voted....

Edited by catpus
addition

Oh dear, not the joyous night Labour were hoping for in the local elections.

Failure to take the target seats of Barnet, Wandsworth or Westminster.

Even their own MPs are not happy with the leadership spin.

MP Jess Phillips tweeting 'Up and at em, I see everyone is claiming failure as victory'.

MP Jess Phillips tweeting 'Up and at em, I see everyone is claiming failure as victory'.

They usually do.

but you forgot the overall picture...so far :suspect::roll:

In mixed results for the main parties so far,

Labour gains Plymouth, while the Conservatives take Peterborough and Basildon, and the Lib Dems win Richmond

Trafford, Derby and Nuneaton & Bedworth move to no overall control

The Conservatives see off Labour challenges in the London boroughs of Wandsworth and Westminster, and win Barnet from no overall control

Sinn Fein holds West Tyrone in a parliamentary by-election

Labour easily retains Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral councils, as well as Halton in Cheshire.

sounds like it was all over the place not just labour

also coming in

BBC reporter Phil Mackie says the story of the night in Dudley is the Conservatives taking seats from UKIP and Labour holding steady.

It is a microcosm of the West Midlands, he says.

He adds that it is surprising Labour hasn't done better given the Windrush row and resignation of Amber Rudd as home secretary.

He says one of Labour's problems may be that Jeremy Corbyn's message doesn’t play well on the doorstep in some parts of the Black Country.

Edited by melthebell