The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I can never understand why we have postal votes and why we don't need to show ID at the polling station...both of these things leave the system wide open for fiddling..

In Northern Ireland, a requirement for voters to show ID seems to work well.

So why not impose it in the rest of the UK? Currently, it's being tentatively tried in only Luton.

In Northern Ireland, a requirement for voters to show ID seems to work well.

So why not impose it in the rest of the UK? Currently, it's being tentatively tried in only Luton.

I'd go with that..

I wouldn't take much notice of the Evening Standard, George Osborne is in charge.

I can never understand why we have postal votes and why we don't need to show ID at the polling station...both of these things leave the system wide open for fiddling..

Obviously you have never voted... Do you actually think you are anonymous? :hihi::hihi:

Before receiving your voting paper you have to fill in a census, which is checked against all previous information held about you: If you have a Gas, Telephone, Electric, Sky/TV, Bank, Pay Pal, Mortgage, Rent, Online accounts, Supermarket shopping, Facebook, Dating sites, Hospital records, Google. Driving licence, Passport etc...They KNOW exactly who you are.

Even the people supervising the vote will live in your area and will probably know you. At least they do in my village.

The Government and those who 'need to know' will know everything about you.

On your voting paper is a number, which is you....

Perhaps that is why you don't vote?

Edited by catpus
adittion

Obviously you have never voted... Do you actually think you are anonymous? :hihi::hihi:

Before receiving your voting paper you have to fill in a census, which is checked against all previous information held about you: If you have a Gas, Telephone, Electric, Sky/TV, Bank, Pay Pal, Mortgage, Rent, Online accounts, Supermarket shopping, Facebook, Dating sites, Hospital records, Google. Driving licence, Passport etc...They KNOW exactly who you are.

Even the people supervising the vote will live in your area and will probably know you. At least they do in my village.

The Government and those who 'need to know' will know everything about you.

On your voting paper is a number, which is you....

Perhaps that is why you don't vote?

Its going off topic but I dont mind them knowing all about me ,ive got nothing to hide . Its the others I worry about

perhaps you are getting mixed up with peoples disgust of the way Israel is treating the Palestinians as antisemitism?

perhaps you had better wake up and realise how badly other Arabs, and especially the Syrian military at the moment, are treating Palestinians. The way Palestinians get treated by the Israelis is like staying in a 5-star hotel, compared to that.

of course nothing about any of that, from Corbyn any other of Labour's high-ups, about how badly Palestinian Arabs, are being done over, by other Arabs at the moment and which is totally appalling.

They don't care about Palestinian Arabs at all. They couldn't care less, about them. If they did, they might say something, when the Syrian military bombs the hell out of them.

They don't care about Palestinian Arabs. They only pretend to care about Palestinian Arabs, when they can use Palestinian Arabs, as like a stick to bash Jews.

Nice swift work in dealing with it. Corbyn could learn a lesson here.

Let’s hope that they have a bit of follow through this time.

They suspended Anne Marie Morris swiftly too. Then gave her the whip back after the fuss died down.

I don’t think that holding the Tories up as some kind of moral compass is a great idea.

Dealt with, as Jeremy might say, calmly and following due process. Only took two years to figure out something blatantly obvious.

Takes two years umming and ahhhing, unless there's an election upcoming in which case the promises come thick and fast.

He's a complete joke and a liability.