The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

The tory party have hardly been off the news in the last week due to the Windrush affair , are they victims of the "attack dogs" and " dirty tricks department" or does that only apply to your Jeremy ?

---------- Post added 24-04-2018 at 23:23 ----------

That will be the dirty tricks campaign , that Anna loves to spout about

The Windrush affair is an appalling crisis, with thousands of victims, and the Tories have no excuse for it. They have shown a disgraceful lack of concern for the people whose lives they have ruined.

It doesn't need attack dogs to draw attention to it, the actual victims have been trying for years, and finally seem to have got through to them. It deserves every bit of media coverage it gets. Why do the Tories wait until they are found out and dragged kicking and screaming into the public arena before they will act?

At the side of this, the anti-semitism argument, provocative though it is to some people, is almost academic in comparison. I personally think the anti-semitism card has been blown up out of proportion by the media, and has got confused with the militaristic actions of Israel.

Nevertheless JC has apologised and is trying to do what he can about it. Anti-semitism and racism exists across all parties and in the general population, however, according to the survey quoted on SF, anti-semitism in the Labour party is actually going down.

It's like comparing chalk and cheese.

I'm sorry, but in my book, hurt feelings do not equate to destitution, damaged families and ruined lives.

Satisfied?

Answered in post 4170 :)

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 23:53 ----------

No answer from Anna B and no answer from Banjo who is still online :confused: and no answer from Mister M . Goodnight :)

there was no answer because there was no question :huh:

in response to my question about......"so why have the Tories not been facing the same criticism then"?

you replied ....."Maybe because the tories are not seen as being overtly anti semite"...

and that conveniently leads us back to the original question, Why not?? and we all know the answer Hackey Lad, because the media want to portray Corbyn and labour as the bad guys, and if the Tories do anything wrong, well, lets not dwell on it too long, how long has this antisimitism row being going on, its been months and months and months and months and months...zzzzzzzz.

Wait and see how long this Windrush saga continues for, i bet it will be dead and buried in a couple of weeks, as for antisemitism, it will be resurfaced and morphed into another strand of the virus, you will get another Blairite spouting his nonsense on the BBC about how a certain Jew was abused by a labour supporter and Corbyn condoned it by not saying anything whilst he continues to re pot his bedding plants in his shed ready for the summer.........

All this hysteria constructed is only for the likes of you Hackey Lad, most of us see it for what it is,

and oh wait a minute, let me just check and see if your on still on line and not wanting to respond straight away......... hold on a minute tho, i may have to refresh my page to find out who is still on line :hihi::hihi::hihi:

The Windrush affair is an appalling crisis, with thousands of victims, and the Tories have no excuse for it. They have shown a disgraceful lack of concern for the people whose lives they have ruined.

Thousands?

Friday's Guardian says:

The promise of compensation came as it was revealed that the number of people who had contacted the Home Office’s helpline set up to offer support for members of the Windrush generation had risen to 232.

Without taking this too off topic, part of the problem is their own doing.

Yes:

They or their parents never applied for passports because they didn’t need them and they trusted Britain when, in 1971, they were promised they had “indefinite leave to remain” by a progressive Conservative Prime Minister who had courageously rejected Mr Powell and his fellow nativist populists.

But 1971 was a very different time to today. Back then you could probably open a bank account, buy a house or car and get a job without any ID whatsoever.

But times change, and if these people didn't bother to make sure they have some valid ID, that's their own fault.

rising antisemitism in the guise of 'anti-Zionism' has been a noticeable feature on the left for decades and all over the west too, all over Europe and also the United States. Leftist antisemitism has been commented on in the Israeli and the Jewish press generally for years. It is not something, that has only just started in the past few years, since Corbyn became leader.

antisemitism used to be associated primarily with the right wing, but from around the 1970s, that started to change. Antisemitism has been an observable, and increasingly observable feature of the left for decades, but not the soft left so much. Only the far left.

Since Corbyn became leader, this long-established antisemitism of the far left has become more prominent, and more visible, than before when the far left did not have a high profile like it does now, and that is what all the fuss is about now. The gloves came off, and suddenly the leftist antisemitism was out in the open when it wasn't before.

rising antisemitism in the guise of 'anti-Zionism' has been a noticeable feature on the left for decades and all over the west too, all over Europe and also the United States. Leftist antisemitism has been commented on in the Israeli and the Jewish press generally for years. It is not something, that has only just started in the past few years, since Corbyn became leader.

antisemitism used to be associated primarily with the right wing, but from around the 1970s, that started to change. Antisemitism has been an observable, and increasingly observable feature of the left for decades, but not the soft left so much. Only the far left.

Since Corbyn became leader, this long-established antisemitism of the far left has become more prominent, and more visible, than before when the far left did not have a high profile like it does now, and that is what all the fuss is about now. The gloves came off, and suddenly the leftist antisemitism was out in the open when it wasn't before.

perhaps you are getting mixed up with peoples disgust of the way Israel is treating the Palestinians as antisemitism?

Agreed, Let's see what actions happen over Marc Wandsworth.

Agreed, Let's see what actions happen over Marc Wandsworth.

i wonder if anything will be said about George Stoakley..????

guess you have never even heard of him? didnt think so, but he is Tory and not a labour, so you wouldnt....

“SWEATING LIKE A JEW IN AN ATTIC” – TORY CANDIDATE LOCKS TWITTER ACCOUNT AFTER TWEETS EMERGE......

and other vile tweets as well

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/04/26/sweating-like-a-j-in-an-attic-tory-candidate-locks-twitter-account-after-tweets-emerge/

i wonder if anything will be said about George Stoakley..????

guess you have never even heard of him? didnt think so, but he is Tory and not a labour, so you wouldnt....

“SWEATING LIKE A JEW IN AN ATTIC” – TORY CANDIDATE LOCKS TWITTER ACCOUNT AFTER TWEETS EMERGE......

and other vile tweets as well

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/04/26/sweating-like-a-j-in-an-attic-tory-candidate-locks-twitter-account-after-tweets-emerge/

You mean the chap who has already been suspended by the Tory party.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/tory-party-candidate-deletes-tweets-about-anne-frank-1.463080

Has Theresa May been seen laughing and joking with him, like JC was with Mr Wadsworth?

You mean the chap who has already been suspended by the Tory party.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/tory-party-candidate-deletes-tweets-about-anne-frank-1.463080

Has Theresa May been seen laughing and joking with him, like JC was with Mr Wadsworth?

please dont tell me that you think because Corbyn had been seen laughing and joking with Wadsworth that Corbyn endorses the mans actions....jeeez, some people will try their best to blacken Corbyn's name..

But my point is, how many people had even heard of Stoakley? and how many people had heard of Wadsworth?

as you well know, Wadsworth name has been all over the internet and the media, can the same be said for Stoakley? you get my point?

please dont tell me that you think because Corbyn had been seen laughing and joking with Wadsworth that Corbyn endorses the mans actions....jeeez, some people will try their best to blacken Corbyn's name..

But my point is, how many people had even heard of Stoakley? and how many people had heard of Wadsworth?

as you well know, Wadsworth name has been all over the internet and the media, can the same be said for Stoakley? you get my point?

Should a man not be judged by the company he CHOOSES to keep?

PS, A quick google found plenty of references to the comments made by the (at the time) 18 year old Mr Stoakley.

PPS, I never said that Mr Corbyn endorses the actions of Mr Wadsworth. However as leader of the party his silence and inaction are deafening.

Maybe Corbyn should have suspended him to get him off the pitch?