The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

No. My original argument has not changed.

Let me make this very clear. You were arguing that Corbyn did not say that Castro was a champion of social justice.

It is a fact that he did say that. It was published in an official statement released by Corbyn after Castro's death.

You tried to claim that because he didn't verbalise his statement, then there is no proof he said it. You then said that because there is no proof of him 'putting pen to paper' you cannot believe what is published as an official statement is actually an official statement.

So I will ask you again - do you think his statement, published by major newspapers and the bbc 'http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38117068' was incorrect, and not what Corbyn said?

It is a simple yes or no answer.

I think most of that is a matter of public record. I inferred, incorrectly perhaps, from " ... even though Castro executed people for being gay?" that there had been some sort of execution squad or policy.

Not that it would have surprised me tbh.,

What continues to surprise me is many normal, rational people (including my friends) holidaying in Cuba like it was france or crete or something.

Brits used to love visiting The former Yugoslavia, totally oblivious to the impending racially motivated carnage. I actually know people that visit Turkey, without recognising it as an Islamic country, perhaps they don’t know that Spain is Roman Catholic, they most probably have never heard of Batista and Che Guevara.

Other than having the word "labour" in one of them, what do the last three posts have to do with the Labour party? I came here expecting repetitively tedious party political posturing, not repetitively tedious posturing on a dead Cuban leader

Although, seeing as it has been raised, I would hazard a reasonably comprehensive school educated guess that the majority of people, normal, rational, or otherwise, who visit foreign countries for their holidays couldn't give a toss about it's religion or politics, and go there for the likelihood of a bit of sun and relaxation, not to make a banal political statement

Cuba is expensive though compared to it's hemispheric neighbours. Not only do they charge more money, but the food, and customer service, on the all inclusive dollar resorts is said to be rubbish compared to neighbours such as the firm historic US ally Dominican Republic. People, especially Canadians, do go to Cuba just to sock it to the United States.

Cuba is expensive though compared to it's hemispheric neighbours. Not only do they charge more money, but the food, and customer service, on the all inclusive dollar resorts is said to be rubbish compared to neighbours such as the firm historic US ally Dominican Republic. People, especially Canadians, do go to Cuba just to sock it to the United States.

Just got back from Cuba, may be off topic, Beaches, weather nice but that it, many better places to go. Not good value for money.

She was privately educated and has had her daughters privately educated.

She opposes private education. :rolleyes:

Looks like St Jeremy has some explaining to do. I await his response. Maybe he will call on the Liebour Party's master of oratory skills Diane Abbott to defend Liebour's position on this sacking, standing down or whatever they will call it.

Debbie Abrahams is not best pleased, I wonder who's back she will stick the proverbial knife in.

Angel1.

A bit like Dianne Abbot then?

John McDonnell’s “fisherpeople” comment amused me, all this male and female person rubbish really annoys me, or am I just a sexist bigot?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Feel free to bully the life out of her then. She deserves it.