The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

If ever there was a more appropriate name!

Labour MP Hugh Gaffney sorry for 'deeply offensive' Burns Supper remarks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-42975528

tbh i do think a lot of these "gaffs" are because a lot of the labour support, and mps do come from a more honest, working class background and call a spade a spade.

And some times say things maybe a bloke down the working mens club might say, but an mp shouldnt.

tbh i do think a lot of these "gaffs" are because a lot of the labour support, and mps do come from a more honest, working class background and call a spade a spade.

And some times say things maybe a bloke down the working mens club might say, but an mp shouldnt.

Yet if a Tory makes a gaff like this you're all over it...double standards Mel?

1: not really, i was purely speculating on why i think.....a few of these have popped up lately, which also leads to number 2.

2: im sure less tories are what youd class as "honest working class people" ie:- the ones youd see in a working mans club say?

3: im not a tory NOR a labour supporter, like i said above, was just my speculation on why a few have popped up lately

1: not really, i was purely speculating on why i think.....a few of these have popped up lately, which also leads to number 2.

2: im sure less tories are what youd class as "honest working class people" ie:- the ones youd see in a working mans club say?

3: im not a tory NOR a labour supporter, like i said above, was just my speculation on why a few have popped up lately

I'm not a supporter of either Mel (come to think of it I don't really support any party)..they're all as bad as each other..I know people who support both of them though and to be honest they all drink in my local so I don't think you can classify them as easily as that..

I'm not a supporter of either Mel (come to think of it I don't really support any party)..they're all as bad as each other..I know people who support both of them though and to be honest they all drink in my local so I don't think you can classify them as easily as that..

i was talking about mps not the supporters

i was talking about mps not the supporters

Fair do's..don't know although I can say I've never seen our Labour MP in a pub so who knows :)

Absolutely :thumbsup:

Yesterday north east derbyshire elected a new parliamentary candidate she is from sheffield http://www.chrispeace.org.uk/ to hopefully win back the seat currently occupied by a conservative mp

They couldn't find someone decent from within the borders of NE Derbyshire? Poor.

There was a choice of three candidates all female BEX BAILY ALISON MARTIN AND CHRIS PEACE

Oh dear, now Labour have decided that straight white men aren't welcome at their Equalities Conference. Seems they aren't learning lessons after their racist BAME only event the other day.

Oh dear, now Labour have decided that straight white men aren't welcome at their Equalities Conference. Seems they aren't learning lessons after their racist BAME only event the other day.

The context is clearly explained in the comments.

Why do you persist with your silly dog whistle posts, and keep on picking bandwagons with no wheels.