The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Are you speaking for the Sheffield Labour Party Jukes?

---------- Post added 21-09-2016 at 17:53 ----------

Where MPs have been consistently disloyal and hostile to the leader

Where they've briefed against him in the media and openly plotted against him

If I were a party member in those constituencies

I would be interested in finding an alternative representative, frankly

---------- Post added 21-09-2016 at 17:58 ----------

"Make it easier to deselect MPs"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/06/mark-serwotka-make-it-easier-to-deselect-blairite-mps

So a few hundred thousand new members have joined and are marginalising the few hundred thousand long-term members using every means at their disposal, fair or not.

It's a hostile take-over by any reasonable standard. You won't answer me, but I shall ask anyway: How can you be proud of this?

---------- Post added 21-09-2016 at 19:34 ----------

Mr Corbyn is a puppet and Mr McDonnell pulls his strings but we think that as long as Mr Corbyn is useful he will stay in place so that the hard left can do their things while the leaders can claim innocence. If the hard left get their deselections in place Mr McDonnell will be safe to take over. We think that this is just the first stages of a long plan for a hard left communist movement and we might not even know the name of the people who will lead that in 10-20 years.

Jukes x

But what's the purpose. They've taken over a party with a legitimate short to medium term chance of forming a government, but in the process they've removed that chance.

They're going to rule, but rule over a smouldering heap. There's no real gain for their ideas. Is it about their personal ambition?

Edited by unbeliever

So a few hundred thousand new members have joined and are marginalising the few hundred thousand long-term members using every means at their disposal, fair or not.

It's a hostile take-over by any reasonable standard. You won't answer me, but I shall ask anyway: How can you be proud of this?

---------- Post added 21-09-2016 at 19:34 ----------

But what's the purpose. They've taken over a party with a legitimate short to medium term chance of forming a government, but in the process they've removed that chance.

They're going to rule, but rule over a smouldering heap. There's no real gain for their ideas. Is it about their personal ambition?

We clearly are not discussing things with rational beings. If/When corbin wins the election for party leadership it will be shouted out as some major victory. But in truth the enemy they are fighting is their own party. They haven't laid a finger on the other parties just mortally wounded their own.

It is akin to the RAF bombing British ground forces in Iraq and claiming it as a major victory against IS, who are just sitting back laughing their heads off.

We clearly are not discussing things with rational beings. If/When corbin wins the election for party leadership it will be shouted out as some major victory.

Yes, I dread to think how many dancing bananas or laughing grins we'll be subjected to. Corbyn winning, with he undoubtedly will, may be a victory for Momentum, but it is anything but a victory for the Labour Party.

Yes, I dread to think how many dancing bananas or laughing grins we'll be subjected to. Corbyn winning, with he undoubtedly will, may be a victory for Momentum, but it is anything but a victory for the Labour Party.

Ironically Cornyn's victory will be a massive defeat for the ideals he supposedly represents. It's a personal victory for him and his inner circle, in that there is personal gain in it for them. Such a cost though for the rest of the party, and those who share their values.

Corbyn, McDonnell and their inner circle must really hate the Labour party. I wonder where such hatred comes from.

I doubt people like Solomon actually hate the party or want to do such damage to their own cause. I've never been one to follow a religion or similar creed, nor have I ever been fanatical about a band or celebrity or such. But I've seen such people all my life. Usually they're harmless. Not it seems in this case.

I shall henceforth be on the look out in future for similar insurgency movements elsewhere. It might be too late to save Labour, but if it can happen to them, it can happen to others too.

Edited by unbeliever

I shall henceforth be on the look out in future for similar insurgency movements elsewhere. It might be too late to save Labour, but if it can happen to them, it can happen to others too.

It does make you think about those things.

The hard left trying to gain influence and the hard core Muslim religion, the middle moderates are always quieter.

It does make you think about those things.

The hard left trying to gain influence and the hard core Muslim religion, the middle moderates are always quieter.

Moderate does tend to mean temperate.

Moderate does tend to mean temperate.

And then walked over if the extreme really, really get hold. I don't see that happening in this country though we don't do extreme really. Corbyn will realise that in 2020.

And then walked over if the extreme really, really get hold. I don't see that happening in this country though we don't do extreme really. Corbyn will realise that in 2020.

Doesn't help much if McDonnell takes over.

Doesn't help much if McDonnell takes over.

But what will he taking over? A party split in two? A tiny party?

But what will he taking over? A party split in two? A tiny party?

I think a parliamentary party smaller than that of the SNP.

With another "moderate Labour" party doing likewise.

Who said it was? :roll:

The fact that so many people have been mobilised

To use such new technology is awe-inspiring

And the actual point

Flavour of the month. All those people at the rallies will get bored and find something new to entertain them, particularly the young students who'll be back at college and university now.

I think a parliamentary party smaller than that of the SNP.

With another "moderate Labour" party doing likewise.

Why 'likewise'? The Co-operative Party might have 75% of current Labour MPs, by current reckoning.