The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I am only speaking for me and my colleagues who at the party conference but I think that many other people believe the same things are happening and that is why so many Labour Party members are trying hard to remove Mr Corbyn and his followers.

Jukes x

Award-winning director Ken Loach made a documentary about Jeremy Corbyn :D

http://www.cityam.com/249795/watch-award-winning-director-ken-loach-made-documentary

---------- Post added 21-09-2016 at 17:22 ----------

Footage from Sheffield :D :D

I think he made one about prostitutes as well. What's your point?

I am only speaking for me and my colleagues who at the party conference

Sheffield Labour?

"Some 5,500 volunteers, including some operating from their own homes, have so far made around 100,000 calls simply through use of the app, on top of using traditional regional phonebanks, Corbyn’s team said"

http://labourlist.org/2016/09/corbyn-camp-inspired-by-bernie-sanders-with-plan-for-10000-calls-on-super-tuesday/

Sitting in the pub calling party members from an app is not the hard work needed to win elections that thousands of volunteer party members have done for years. The Momentum people will get bored.

Jukes x

Sitting in the pub calling party members from an app is not the hard work needed to win elections.

Jukes x

Who said it was? :roll:

The fact that so many people have been mobilised

To use such new technology is awe-inspiring

And the actual point

Mr Corbyn is a puppet and Mr McDonnell pulls his strings but we think that as long as Mr Corbyn is useful he will stay in place so that the hard left can do their things while the leaders can claim innocence. If the hard left get their deselections in place Mr McDonnell will be safe to take over. We think that this is just the first stages of a long plan for a hard left communist movement and we might not even know the name of the people who will lead that in 10-20 years.

Jukes x

The important thing is that it makes them unelectable. It would be a shame if it brought down the labour party and a lot of hard working mps and councillors but it was their fault for nominating a total no hoper in the first place.

They will either have to get used to a very long period of opposition or look to the alternatives. It is only a few million voters who feel that they owe their vote to the labour party name regardless.

In conversation with Jeremy Corbyn (abridged)

Jeremy Corbyn Plans A ‘Minister For Disarmament’ And ‘A Minister For Peace’

Do you think he'll staff it with the Momentum members who recently removed the nonviolence pledge from their code of ethics?

I am only speaking for me and my colleagues who at the party conference but I think that many other people believe the same things are happening and that is why so many Labour Party members are trying hard to remove Mr Corbyn and his followers.

Jukes x

Are you speaking for the Sheffield Labour Party Jukes?

---------- Post added 21-09-2016 at 17:53 ----------

Where MPs have been consistently disloyal and hostile to the leader

Where they've briefed against him in the media and openly plotted against him

If I were a party member in those constituencies

I would be interested in finding an alternative representative, frankly

---------- Post added 21-09-2016 at 17:58 ----------

"Make it easier to deselect MPs"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/06/mark-serwotka-make-it-easier-to-deselect-blairite-mps

Edited by Solomon1

Indeed. And in 2025 and 2030. Thanks Momentum, hardly have to bother campaigning now.

Agree about 2020, but after that I think Labour might come to their senses and someone will come through who's electable.

Chuka Ummuna has been keeping a relatively low profile, like not getting involved in the leadership this time. He probably saw it as an hopeless task.

Since I first voted in the mid 60s we've never had a hard line left winger as PM and I can't see that changing in the foreseeable future.

The most successful Labour leader ever was Tony Blair and he is hated more by some sections of Labour than the conservatives. But the one thing that can be said about him is that he made Labour electable.

Are you speaking for the Sheffield Labour Party Jukes?

---------- Post added 21-09-2016 at 17:53 ----------

Where MPs have been consistently disloyal and hostile to the leader

Where they've briefed against him in the media and openly plotted against him

If I were a party member in those constituencies

I would be interested in finding an alternative representative, frankly

---------- Post added 21-09-2016 at 17:58 ----------

"Make it easier to deselect MPs"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/06/mark-serwotka-make-it-easier-to-deselect-blairite-mps

So what you are saying is that come the elections we shouldn't vote for the MPs and councillors who have been disloyal to corbin?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3800452/The-politics-1984-Jeremy-Corbyn-reveals-Orwellian-plan-appoint-Minister-Peace-work-against-patriotic-fervour-fight-wars.html

Off you go Sol -

I know you will say its all right wing paper spin - but your man knows that they will twist and spin his words yet still finds it impossible to restrain himself and continues to come out with utter crap