The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Apparently a lot of Tories have joined recently to try to skew the leadership election in favour of Corbyn. A party led by a far left winger will be unelectable. Correct thinking and economically literate voters will not return him as PM

What makes a correct thinking voter?

Ummmm...Didn't you say in another thread, that you've paid your £3.00 so you can vote?

What makes a correct thinking voter?

Ummmm...Didn't you say in another thread, that you've paid your £3.00 so you can vote?

I did indeed say that.

We did away with far leftwingers in the Seventies. Thankfully.

I did indeed say that.

We did away with far leftwingers in the Seventies. Thankfully.

Forgive me if I'm incorrect...But I had the impression you were a staunch Tory?

Why would you want to vote in the labour party leadership election?

Dear Tony Blair, R E L A X

You say if Jeremy Corbyn becomes leader the Labour party won’t just face defeat but annihilation.

If someone who 3 months ago was almost unknown can cause such damage .. can you really … …. listen; can you really blame an insect if her success contributed to the burial of a confused lion?

(( Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me"). Wiki ))

Edited by Ela James

He'll probably have more than enough time to relax if the Chilcot inquiry finally gets published.

Forgive me if I'm incorrect...But I had the impression you were a staunch Tory?

Why would you want to vote in the labour party leadership election?

To make them un-electable?

To make them un-electable?

Yes I realised that....Or at least an attempt to make them unelectable...(in their minds)

All it demonstrates to me, is how devious politics is, in general...As if it isn't bad enough the politicians are devious, it's spreading now to the electorate...

Yes I realised that....Or at least an attempt to make them unelectable...(in their minds)

All it demonstrates to me, is how devious politics is, in general...As if it isn't bad enough the politicians are devious, it's spreading now to the electorate...

You're right of course. If it was up to me, I'd make it a law that no one could enter politics unless they had been working "in the real world" for a minimum of 10 years.

Apparently a lot of Tories have joined recently to try to skew the leadership election in favour of Corbyn. A party led by a far left winger will be unelectable. Correct thinking and economically literate voters will not return him as PM

How refreshing that correct thinking tories like you are have signed up to vote for Jeremy Corbyn. Just shows how respectable, honest and trustworthy you and other Tories are, no?

i'm struggling to see your problem with that. i voted for clegg in the general election to keep labour out. that's how politics works. if they don't like the folk who pay the £3 voting levy, more fool them for providing it as a sop to the unions.

Just look at the candidates up for leader, nonentities the whole lot of them. Not one with the charisma of a week old lettuce, Liebour is unelectable and going down hill fast.

Angel1.

Listening to Yvette Cooper on the radio now and it's excruciating. The trouble with the "Corbyn is unelectable" argument is that none of the other candidates seem remotely capable of winning a majority in Parliament either. Which leaves people no option to vote for the candidate with the best platform, or the candidate with any kind of platform other than grabbing power at any cost.

Listening to Yvette Cooper on the radio now and it's excruciating. The trouble with the "Corbyn is unelectable" argument is that none of the other candidates seem remotely capable of winning a majority in Parliament either. Which leaves people no option to vote for the candidate with the best platform, or the candidate with any kind of platform other than grabbing power at any cost.

That's so true.

If these are the best Labour can muster, they are in real trouble. Jeremy Corbyn is at least a conviction politician and an honest man. He might be able to clean up politics a bit, (or he might get eaten alive, who knows.) Politics in this country (or even worldwide) is now a cesspool.

But although it's better hidden, the Tories are in trouble too. We haven't even started on the schism that's about to unfold over the in/out EU vote...