The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I'm sorry, I really don't get the anti privilege thing at all. Miliband and blair weren't exactly licking the M1 clean in their youth.

I kinda get what Labour says about privilege. If you are born into money, how can you empathise with people who were not?

What I don't get is the anti-education mentality of some, who seem to think if our MP's went to Oxford etc they are automatically unworthy to be a leader. Oxford is one of the top universities in the world for peat sake, why wouldn't you want the people at the very top to have had the very best education there is?

I see the Unite Union is threatening to withdraw support for the Labour Party if they don't toe their line!

Tail wagging dog again???

:)

I kinda get what Labour says about privilege. If you are born into money, how can you empathise with people who were not?

What I don't get is the anti-education mentality of some, who seem to think if our MP's went to Oxford etc they are automatically unworthy to be a leader. Oxford is one of the top universities in the world for peat sake, why wouldn't you want the people at the very top to have had the very best education there is?

The same goes for Eton. It's an excellent school that turns out leaders because it is an excellent school.

Stannington Comp, not so many leaders.

I see the Unite Union is threatening to withdraw support for the Labour Party if they don't toe their line!

Like the businesses who wouldn't fund the Tories if tax breaks and removal of workers' rights weren't included. Both sides have their masters and that my friend is the crux of the problem.

Dare I ask what the point of the Labour party is if they won't represent organised Labour?

Dare I ask what the point of the Labour party is if they won't represent organised Labour?

Only a minority of Unions have affiliations with Labour these days.

Only a minority of Unions have affiliations with Labour these days.

The question still stands. What's the point of a Labour party that will not represent organised Labour?

The question still stands. What's the point of a Labour party that will not represent organised Labour?

I suppose the operative word is "organised". With the fall of the unions, Labour has to reinvent itself to stand up for the worker, be they in a union or not.

In which case I would ask what is the point of voting labour if you are not unionised labour.

Labour to be renamed ‘Labour, I Suppose’

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/labour-to-be-renamed-labour-i-suppose-2015061299165

THE Labour Party is rebranding itself with the phrase that is used by its voters.

After failing to win an election based on a positive appeal to voters, Labour has embraced its future as the default choice of pragmatists who dislike the Conservatives.

“Labour tried to be the anti-supposing party. Ed Miliband tried to make us the Labour, Hell Yeah! Party but that was obviously stupid and wrong.

“From now on, Labour, I Suppose will be the party for disenfranchised, tired cynics who expect nothing but compromise and mediocrity. We will deliver.”

Edited by Stoatwobbler