The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

If you are, at heart a Labour supporter, then do the right thing. Do not vote for Milliband.

Labour is the party of Attlee, Benn, Bevin and Bevan, of Callaghan, Jenkins and Kinnock. Let them lose in 2015.

Allow those in the party who care as those I mention did regroup, come back refreshed in 2020.

Milliband has his fathers instinct at heart, a revolutionery marxist who, despite the Milliband brothers protestations, did say in 1940 after he had been saved by us from the nazis, "this war would be a good one for the British to lose".

Milliband is no patriot, he will ally himself with the SNP who hate the UK.

Didn't think I'd be agreeing with a Tory supporter Alan, but very sensibly put!

Don't trust either Labour OR the SNP!

:)

Ahh, you've let the mask slip, now it's back to the Daily Mail smear of Ed Miliband's Dad hating Britain. That piece of vitriol was universally savaged by all concerned, as a nasty minded piece of filth.

And as you admitted only a few posts ago, the Tories also allied themselves with the SNP, who apparently hate the UK.

is the quote incorrect?

The Sheffield Forum multi username club are certainly out in force today, of all days - and they all share a common theme of being right wing. I wonder what the connection is? :rolleyes:

Who Boomer/Mecky?

is the quote incorrect?

Who Boomer/Mecky?

No the quote is correct which is why I typed it. There are a number of posts on here from people, who only joined here this month but communicate as if they have been here for longer. Secondly there are a number of posters who have been on here before who have multiple identities. This is evidence in the content of what they write but their style of writing.

With regards to Mecky, I've not seen him post here for a couple of weeks, but I have read two other posters say that Mecky and Boomer are the same.

No the quote is correct which is why I typed it. There are a number of posts on here from people, who only joined here this month but communicate as if they have been here for longer. Secondly there are a number of posters who have been on here before who have multiple identities. This is evidence in the content of what they write but their style of writing.

With regards to Mecky, I've not seen him post here for a couple of weeks, but I have read two other posters say that Mecky and Boomer are the same.

I dare say the forum has become more busy over the last 6 weeks due specifically to the election. Considering the subject that is dominating discussions and how it seems to polarise opinion, I dare say many people will "sound" the same if they express the same views.

If the quote is correct, how is it a smear as you put it?

I dare say the forum has become more busy over the last 6 weeks due specifically to the election. Considering the subject that is dominating discussions and how it seems to polarise opinion, I dare say many people will "sound" the same if they express the same views.

If the quote is correct, how is it a smear as you put it?

What Ralph Miliband said was 'The Englishman is a rabid nationalist. They are perhaps the most nationalist people in the world … you sometimes want them almost to lose (the war) to show them how things are. They have the greatest contempt for the continent … To lose their empire would be the worst possible humiliation.'" He was describing the suspicion he found of the continent and the French when he arrived here (So Xenia did smear Miliband).

What was omitted from the post above, to which a sly reference to Ralph Miliband was made, and from the original hatchet job in the Daily Mail was that Miliband served in the forces in fighting the fascists in WW2.

As you will be aware that great patriotic paper, the Daily Mail, had a headline (which was not in Levy's article attacking the late Ralph Miliband, unsurprisingly), proclaiming "Hurrah, for the Blackshirts".

Ahh, you've let the mask slip, now it's back to the Daily Mail smear of Ed Miliband's Dad hating Britain. That piece of vitriol was universally savaged by all concerned, as a nasty minded piece of filth.

And as you admitted only a few posts ago, the Tories also allied themselves with the SNP, who apparently hate the UK.

The Sheffield Forum multi username club are certainly out in force today, of all days - and they all share a common theme of being right wing. I wonder what the connection is? :rolleyes:

Dear me, you speak of vitriol sweety, stop swinging your handbag.

What I said about Adolf Milliband snr is correct. Never mind the Daily Mail. A Trot of the first order. What is nasty is when a country takes you in and within weeks you are stating that it is involved in a war "it was better we should lose". What is nasty is when you have been part of the cadre that bankrupted the country and you refuse to accept responsibility, what is nasty is when you are part of a party that is responsible for the deaths of one million (and counting) in the middle east. What is nasty is when, in order to obtain power you ally yourself with SNP, which is exactly what he will do. Oh and its nasty to stab your brother in the back.

The scary thing is there is NO "PERFECT PARTY"! Whoever we vote for some of us will be screwed one way or another! No party can suit everyone! Ive still not voted yet. I read a couple of manifestos last night and i liked points and disliked pros and cons from each side! Im seeing no point in voting! That way i cant blame myself when something goes wrong i dont like!!!! I bet im not the only one thinking like this!

The scary thing is there is NO "PERFECT PARTY"! Whoever we vote for some of us will be screwed one way or another! No party can suit everyone! Ive still not voted yet. I read a couple of manifestos last night and i liked points and disliked pros and cons from each side! Im seeing no point in voting! That way i cant blame myself when something goes wrong i dont like!!!! I bet im not the only one thinking like this!

How can there ever be a perfect party to everyone?

How can there ever be a perfect party to everyone?

There can't be I suppose. I think its probably for those who want to vote about choosing the party they feel will let them down the least?!

But the former Tory Scottish Secretary, and ardent Thatcherite, Michael Forsyth, quoted above, believes that:

'The Tories are playing a “short term and dangerous” game which could threaten the security of the United Kingdom'.

Looks like Forsyth was wrong and Cameron won that 'game', from where I'm looking this morning.

Why am I not surprised at the tumbleweeds in this thread this morning?

Looks like Forsyth was wrong and Cameron won that 'game', from where I'm looking this morning.

Why am I not surprised at the tumbleweeds in this thread this morning?

Labour lost the election in 2010 when Miliband was forced onto them as leader.

Labour lost the election in 2010 when Miliband was forced onto them as leader.
That's an assessment with a good dose of 20/20 hindsight, though: for all we knew at the time, Milliband could have turned into a very good leader for Labour.

It's only over the 2010-2014 interval that we (well...at least I, and IMHO) gradually got to see that he didn't have the statesmanship and political gameplay.

Not an incorrect assessment, of course, but still. As I posted in t'other thread, I think the polling outcome is going to lead into an internal Labour war between the pro-Union camp and others not so influenced. Must be a lot of Schadenfreude from pro-David Milliband Labour MPs to pro-Ed Milliband ex-Labour MPs this morning.