The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I too felt sympathy for Red Ed in this interview. I hope he is more concerned about the economy as a whole not how much his shopping basket is - hopefully he is spending time running a political party (very badly) and has delegated his shopping to someone else. Is he married? Perhaps she could do it and balance the family budget. Labour have no idea how do this anyway.

With regard to the Swindon thing. So what if he doesn't know the leader of every council group in every town. If he hasn't heard of him its probably a good thing for him, as the local party is running well.

He's still amusing to watch anyway - that mouth and those lips seem to have a life of their own. Nice cheeeeeese Grommit :hihi: Useless lying t*ssers

hmmm... mixed feelings here. And just some of them were posted by jeremey[sp].

I wouldn't want this man running the country, but I didn't like this sneaky questioning by the two presenters.

On their [presenters] side, he DOES go on about the cost of living a lot, and I would expect someone who says this a lot to know this information...

However, like other poster said, I want someone running the country who is dealing with big things, not the price of an egg.

In PM terms, asking the price of weekly shop and being a few quid out, is no different to asking me how much a pint of milk is. I doubt he does the weekly shop (I'd hope he'd spend his time better), and when I answer 63p*, they jump on me and say 'it's 66p, it went up yesterday!! And you're supposed to be in touch with the people Ash?'

Pfft. If this was done to a Tory on TV, and I said I thought it was petty, I'd be classed as Tory Boy (in fact if a Tory said the exact same words on morning crass, there would soon be a 20page thread saying how they aren't in touch with the people, and rich get richer, rich boys only etc.).

As it happens, I think this is as petty as I've seen.

If he is a moron, this isn't the evidence, imo. This is just evidence of crap TV.

*despite buying it every other day, I haven't got a clue what the price is of milk, that is my current estimate. I'm perhaps 20%+/-?

Yeah did you read all of that? Thought not

Yes I did, any evidence to prove that I didn't?

Pfft. If this was done to a Tory on TV, and I said I thought it was petty, I'd be classed as Tory Boy (in fact if a Tory said the exact same words on morning crass, there would soon be a 20page thread saying how they aren't in touch with the people, and rich get richer, rich boys only etc.).

Hmm, remember all the business with Cameron and the price of a loaf?

David Cameron: the price of a loaf of bread? No idea, I have a breadmaker

Prime minister shows ignorance of supermarket prices and says he prefers to bake homemade granary loaves using local flour

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/oct/01/david-cameron-price-of-bread

And how the same paper puts it's spin on Miliband:

Ed Miliband: my family probably spends £80 a week on groceries

Labour leader says he is qualified to address cost-of-living crisis despite suggestions he underestimated his own weekly food bill

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/20/ed-miliband-underestimating-family-food-bill

Edited by alchresearch

Depressingly, thousands of muppet's, who don't differentiate local elections from general elections, will be voting today to get their tax credits back or to do away with the "bedroom tax" etc.

Depressingly, thousands of muppet's, who don't differentiate local elections from general elections, will be voting today to get their tax credits back or to do away with the "bedroom tax" etc.

Probably fewer than the muppets who think voting for particular groups at local and European elections will make leaving Europe a possibility.

Hmm, remember all the business with Cameron and the price of a loaf?

David Cameron: the price of a loaf of bread? No idea, I have a breadmaker

Prime minister shows ignorance of supermarket prices and says he prefers to bake homemade granary loaves using local flour

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/oct/01/david-cameron-price-of-bread

And how the same paper puts it's spin on Miliband:

Ed Miliband: my family probably spends £80 a week on groceries

Labour leader says he is qualified to address cost-of-living crisis despite suggestions he underestimated his own weekly food bill

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/20/ed-miliband-underestimating-family-food-bill

:hihi::hihi:

Brilliant.

Probably fewer than the muppets who think voting for particular groups at local and European elections will make leaving Europe a possibility.

It would have been nice if Labour's campaign for the EU elections had tackled EU issues head on rather then banging on about Westminster issues. The leaflets I had from Labour were notable for keeping any mention of the EU to a bare minimum.

It would have been nice if Labour's campaign for the EU elections had tackled EU issues head on rather then banging on about Westminster issues. The leaflets I had from Labour were notable for keeping any mention of the EU to a bare minimum.

Absolutely spot on.

---------- Post added 22-05-2014 at 16:59 ----------

Actually I voted UKIP as a protest because the other parties didn't give a fig what folk thought about Europe & immigration. So if you believe voting UKIP won't bring these issues into front line political debate UKIP will carry on taking votes from your favoured party. The polls show UKIP is on level pegging with Labour in the European elections. But UKIP voters have something to vote for so will turn out and vote. Many Labour voters will open the curtains this afternoon and see that it is raining and go back to bed.

Edited by percy filth

Absolutely spot on.

Actually I voted UKIP as a protest because the other parties didn't give a fig what folk thought about Europe & immigration. So if you believe voting UKIP won't bring these issues into front line political debate UKIP will carry on taking votes from your favoured party. The polls show UKIP is on level pegging with Labour in the European elections. But UKIP voters have something to vote for so will turn out and vote. Many Labour voters will open the curtains this afternoon and see that it is raining and go back to bed.

This is brilliant,UKIP are going to win because it's raining and Labour voters get up late.:D

Absolutely spot on.

Could you tell me what UKIP, even if they have the highest number of MEP's of all the UK parties, will be able to do about our EU membership / immigration? Don't worry about their abysmal attendance / voting turnout in your response, I won't hold it against them.

Could you tell me what UKIP, even if they led every local council in the land, would be able to do about our EU membership / immigration?

From the article:

"And Mr Cameron is technically correct to say that the use of food banks went up tenfold under the last government.

But he’s expressing himself in percentages in order to cast Labour’s record in the worst possible light.

It’s equally possible to say that food banks fed just tens of thousands of people a year under Labour and are now on course to feed a quarter of a million people."

Why didn't you mention that? That article was from January 2013 and things are much worse now.

Knowing what people are like on this forum this is going to be the most popular of the non-specific policy political threads created over the last few days

Edited by Mecky

The increasing unpopularity of Labour with supporters switching to UKIP is alarming, judging by the success UKIP have gained in this area.

Even though I remain a Labour supporter, I blame the Labour party and many of their so-called most devoted supporters for allowing that to happen, they've been asleep and out of touch with public concerns for far too long.

UKIP has the advantage with the leader they have, he makes sure he is seen in the media as often as possible and has improved his image over time with all the publicity, but without him the party would be dead.