The Conservative Party - all discussion here please.

Tax turnover, I don't think Mecky has thought this one through.

Business XYZ has a turnover of £2 billion but doesn't make a profit for the year but Mecky thinks the taxman should still be paid £1 billion.

Local family business has turnover of £250K, it's been a tough year and only manages to break even for the year, taxman comes knocking for his £125k.

Filling station buys petrol at £1.21/litre and sells it at £1.26/litre. Yet is required to pay 63p turnover tax on every litre sold.

So................

Watch Cameron go right.

The party chairman is already pressing the fear button, on Breakfast TV this morning, talking about ebola in relation to the result!

But how far are the 'one nation' Tory's prepared to go with him?

Will the Tory wet's get some back-bone and speak-out against the surge towards the anti-immigration and isolationism ?

Will the Scottish get the back-lash?

Labour will own the middle ground with the LibDem's in disarray.

Has Mr 'Charisma Bypass' Miliband hit on a winning formula with his, non-personality, its the policies that matter style?

Cameron is too smart to turn right too much because he knows as well as anybody that is not where elections are won.

he is also smart enough to be concerned that the future Kenneth Clarke's of this world, age 21 or so and preparing to do their finals at Oxford and who previously might have thought their natural political home was the Tory party, just might be thinking twice. And they won't be considering jumping ship and going over to UKIP. Labour will welcome the the 21 year old Ken Clarke lookalike now. Elections are won from the centre.

Mecky- stating your apparant position in relation to your posts isn't abuse, it's called debate. You need to learn that and to not bicker - if you didn't bicker and come up with fake synthetic anger all the time it'd be so much easier to debate with you....

Look at the thread. The only person on here who is being complained about is you. That should tell you something.

Now are you going to answer the questions and engage in the debate or is this going to be another of your mud flinging sessions?

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 14:53 ----------

And the response from GM or Honda would be "face, bothered...?"

The only people that would lose out would be the UK. Look at North Korea for an example of what happens when a country ends up in self imposed economic isolation.

Woooo the goal posts have most again. What are you hoping to achieve? (I already know, but say it loud so other people can hear) You do realise I won't change my mind?

---------- Post added 10-10-2014 at 07:40 ----------

Tax turnover, I don't think Mecky has thought this one through.

Business XYZ has a turnover of £2 billion but doesn't make a profit for the year but Mecky thinks the taxman should still be paid £1 billion.

Local family business has turnover of £250K, it's been a tough year and only manages to break even for the year, taxman comes knocking for his £125k.

So you think businesses should pay tax if they don't make profit? No wonder corporate boxes are so expensive. It wouldn't surprise me if they pay £300 for a prawn sandwich so they can avoid paying tax, if that's the case. It's always the same with people like you - you like pushing people around but when you get a taste of your own medicine you scream the loudest and the longest. You should consider yourself lucky you don't live in a communist country where it all goes to the state.

---------- Post added 10-10-2014 at 07:41 ----------

So................

Watch Cameron go right.

The party chairman is already pressing the fear button, on Breakfast TV this morning, talking about ebola in relation to the result!

But how far are the 'one nation' Tory's prepared to go with him?

Will the Tory wet's get some back-bone and speak-out against the surge towards the anti-immigration and isolationism ?

Will the Scottish get the back-lash?

Labour will own the middle ground with the LibDem's in disarray.

Has Mr 'Charisma Bypass' Miliband hit on a winning formula with his, non-personality, its the policies that matter style?

No, I suspect the UKIP defectors will bottle it at election time and vote tory

Edited by Mecky

Maybe you think businesses should be exempt from taxation if they don't make a pre-tax profit?

So you think businesses should pay tax if they don't make profit?
Let us know when you make up your mind :roll:

Woooo the goal posts have most again.
Oh, the irony! :hihi:

Mecky your idea of taxing turnover at a silly rate of 50% just isnt going to work in the real world. Taxing a business based on turnover is just a crackpot idea full stop.

:confused:

Mecky your idea of taxing turnover at a silly rate of 50% just isnt going to work in the real world. Taxing a business based on turnover is just a crackpot idea full stop.

So you say, but offer no explanation to support you view

Woooo the goal posts have most again.

Well you are somewhat expert in moving them it must be said...

What are you hoping to achieve?

To show the fallacy of your arguments

You do realise I won't change my mind?

Ah the cant of the closed minded....

---------- Post added 10-10-2014 at 10:29 ----------

It's already been done above Mecky.... the bit about inflation for a start...

Using your idea of 50% tax on turnover.

Business ABC has a turnover of £2 billion and makes a healthy 10% profit for the year of £200 million.

Business ABC still gets hit with a £1 billion turnover tax bill and using all it's profits towards paying it's turnover tax bill, it still has to find an extra £800 million.

Business ABC would have to have a profit margin of 50% just to cover it's tax bill.

Using your idea of 50% tax on turnover.

Business ABC has a turnover of £2 billion and makes a healthy 10% profit for the year of £200 million.

Business ABC still gets hit with a £1 billion turnover tax bill and using all it's profits towards paying it's turnover tax bill, it still has to find an extra £800 million.

Business ABC would have to have a profit margin of 50% just to cover it's tax bill.

So you keep saying

---------- Post added 10-10-2014 at 11:46 ----------

Well you are somewhat expert in moving them it must be said...

To show the fallacy of your arguments

Ah the cant of the closed minded....

---------- Post added 10-10-2014 at 10:29 ----------

It's already been done above Mecky.... the bit about inflation for a start...

So you keep saying

So you keep saying

So you keep saying

So I did actually give you a reason as to why tax on turnover just wouldn't work.

Where does business ABC get £800 million from to make up the short fall.

What do you think happens to prices we all pay if business had to make a 50% profit just to cover it's tax bill.

So you keep saying

So you keep saying

So since you are bereft of argument I think it's clear that the "mecky 50% turnover tax" isn't going to work adn it can be quietly dropped.....