Man United Appoint Louis van Gaal

Expect bedlam! Love the appointment, just because he is as mad as a cuckoo-clock.

I think its an excellent appointment for man utd,reckon some of the pampered players wont like it,but he is the kind of manager they need,could be interesting.

I reckon Louis van Gaal is an absolutely excellent appointment for

Manchester United. He will sort them out and turn them back into

strong contenders again. He will be given the cash to turn them around.He is a proven coach.

Van Gaal's teams often play great football, and he was incredibly successful in the 90's. That said, he's only won three trophies in the last 15 years: he was sacked by Barcelona having guided them to three points above the relegation zone, and was sacked by Bayern Munich after finishing third in the Bundesliga; his Holland team also failed to qualify for the 2002 World Cup, finishing behind Portugal and Ireland.

Van Gaal is somewhat notorious for falling out with his big-name players, and the press say he prefers to work with young players. Man Utd fans might be able to say otherwise, but Januzaj aside I don't see an awful lot of talent coming through their youth system.

If he's backed with sufficient funds to build the team he wants, then I can see him restoring Man Utd to the top four - perhaps with a trophy along the way; if there's a repeat of last season's transfer debacle, I think winning titles is completely out of the question. It's going to be a very interesting transfer window.

Edited by Rushup

I think its an excellent appointment for man utd,reckon some of the pampered players wont like it,but he is the kind of manager they need,could be interesting.

Yes he's a no nonsense bloke, apparently Rooney went to see the board other week and asked them not to appoint him, as he was too tough.

What a great girls blouse that bloke is, wonder if he'll wear his "man" gloves in World Cup.

Well, not even a month has gone by since David Moyes got fired, now the spoilt Mancunians have appointed Louis van Gaal...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27243233

This is only because The Lord Fergie turned them down point blank. They offered him 10 million a season plus bonus. He told them no thanks.