Park square Roundabout

Is it me or do i attract all the idiot drivers who cant abide to the lanes on the Park Square Round about. Having nearly been knocked of my motorbike twice and nearly ramed in my car all this week.

Coming from the parkway onto the roundabout there is four lanes. After going in the third lane to go into town, three times this week i have been cut up by drivers who are coming across from the second lane into the third (who are going towards the train station) inwhich then they have to then move back to the second lane as they are in the incorrect lane.

I avoid it like the plague!

Is it me or do i attract all the idiot drivers who cant abide to the lanes on the Park Square Round about. Having nearly been knocked of my motorbike twice and nearly ramed in my car all this week.

Coming from the parkway onto the roundabout there is four lanes. After going in the third lane to go into town, three times this week i have been cut up by drivers who are coming across from the second lane into the third (who are going towards the train station) inwhich then they have to then move back to the second lane as they are in the incorrect lane.

Perhaps you are the problem :suspect:

Perhaps you are the problem :suspect:

not if im in the correct lane!

I find it happens alot. I don't get what is so difficult

If this happens on a regular basis then maybe they need to look at improving the signs telling people what lane they need to be in.

There is a problem with people wanting to change lanes without looking in the next lane.

Also people going into the other lanes just because they're going round and cut the lanes up before going back into the correct lane.

not if im in the correct lane!

Dont be so sure!!! I was in the correct lane, on a roundabout, minding my own business when a tool in a black car removes part of my front end by trying to occupy the bit of road im using.

That according to him was my fault!! :loopy:

What a moron!!!

It has always been a difficult roundabout, especially for those who are not familiar with it. I believe the local authority plan is to remove the roundabout and replace it with junctions as the vast majority of the traffic goes from Sheaf street to the Parkway and vice-versa.

Yes, the good old Sheffield Manouvere, which I described in an earlier post here

You should understand that as most of Sheffield's roads are single lane (or two if you're lucky) we aren't used to driving on roads such as the Park Square roundabout with three or more lanes, so we tend to drive on all available lanes at the same time :)

You were in the correct lane (third from the left when joining the Park Square roundabout from the Parkway is the one that takes you to town); it's the other drivers who were wrong. I used to get cut up in this way several times a month in the past so my three tips for negotiating the Park Square roundabout are to:

(1) keep checking your side mirrors when joining

(2) give drivers on both sides enough room to push in front of you in case they jump lanes while going round.

(3) get ready to brake suddenly if they do :)

try brookhill roundabout, it's a death trap, nobody seems to know how to indicate, an if they do, it's always too early, leaving you thinking they are exiting, only for them to carry on round, which is too late because you have set off, and then they sound the horn, give you a look, even though it's totally their fault.

Or a gap comes up, and someone at the junction before always floors it like they are starting a drag race, giving the same response as above.

It has always been a difficult roundabout, especially for those who are not familiar with it.

That's often the key, for those who know the roundabout it's easy, but for those using it as a one off it maybe a little confusing.

Regards

Doom