Riding a bike on the Parkway

There is over 100,000 members what % are house bound?

Does it matter if its one, you dont give up do you, you'l be in Australia soon. good night

Planning to go china and hong kong this year. Australia is next year so its will be a while yet

Edited by medusa
fixed tags

There is over 100,000 members what % are house bound?

Does that matter? This thread has nothing to do with that question so how about leaving an argument about another thread on that thread?

Just riding today on Bawtry Road Brinsworth to Centenery Way Rotherham when White van man T105 AOJ could have held the second lane a little longer but thought he may as well just drive through me.

I guess he must have thought I shouldn't be ridng my road bike on there. Even so there is no need to drive so dangerously close.

The signpost is when joining the parkway from derek dooley way, as far as I know there are no signs when joining to go into the city centre, as for being illegal when all said and done it is only a dual carriageway, I used to cycle the mosborough parkway pretty regular without being stopped by the police, when I queried the sign in town with a traffic officer he could not give a valid reason why I could join the parkway from handsworth to city centre but not the other way, he only cited the danger of volume of traffic.

The signpost is when joining the parkway from derek dooley way, as far as I know there are no signs when joining to go into the city centre, as for being illegal when all said and done it is only a dual carriageway, I used to cycle the mosborough parkway pretty regular without being stopped by the police, when I queried the sign in town with a traffic officer he could not give a valid reason why I could join the parkway from handsworth to city centre but not the other way, he only cited the danger of volume of traffic.

There are signs on the slip road (In and Outbound) from Handsworth Roundabout. As there are from Poplar Way.

It is illegal, the signs are circular with a red border. Cycling is prohibited and it is illegal to ride on the Parkway. I also wouldn't fancy it, not because of the traffic ON the Parkway as much as the traffic entering and leaving via slip roads

There are signs on the slip road (In and Outbound) from Handsworth Roundabout. As there are from Poplar Way.

It is illegal, the signs are circular with a red border. Cycling is prohibited and it is illegal to ride on the Parkway. I also wouldn't fancy it, not because of the traffic ON the Parkway as much as the traffic entering and leaving via slip roads

Yep, here are 4 more signs prohibiting cycling including one you mention.

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

I stand corrected, but seems strange that only 1 of the 4 were city bound entries, the mosborough parkway leading to the parkway did not have any such signs, but it is a few years since I have cycled that way, will have a look next time.

Why did you feel you had to reply when you havnt got a clue?

I use this site, but there is a lot of wrong information posted on Sheffield forum. People on here often guess when they really do not know the facts.

Yes sometimes people may get the facts wrong! But there is a right way and wrong way to tell them! And in the case of confuse he/she answers like all others are some sort of second class citizens not the way to do things in my opinion.

Edited by allwednesday

Just riding today on Bawtry Road Brinsworth to Centenery Way Rotherham when White van man T105 AOJ could have held the second lane a little longer but thought he may as well just drive through me.

I guess he must have thought I shouldn't be ridng my road bike on there. Even so there is no need to drive so dangerously close.

It always seems to be works vans that pass me very closely, one did it to me last week on the A57 near Beighton. Even though I was riding on the inside white line I felt the draft from the van on my elbow, he can't have been more than 18" away at the very most and I'd say it was much closer.

Not wishing to tar everyone with the same brush, but a reasonable percentage of works vans seem to be filled with meatheads who think nearly killing a cyclist is in some way funny.

Anybody mad enough to cycle on parkway. Must be a brave man or woman. Or stupid

Cycling on the Parkway is prohibited, check the road signs.

Joining from the A57 Mosborough bypass there aren't any signs, not that I could see this morning anyway.

I was in the car before anyone comments....