20th century, South Yorks police

I was hoping to contact South Yorkshire police today, with regards to a car that has been parked outside my house for four days, though it is not causing any problems as such, I was wondering if it might possibly be stolen.

As you can see from the above it certainly doesn't merit dialling 999, neither does it merit dialling the non- emergency number, so I thought I'd just write email, – have you lost this car? Giving a registration number, but oh no, nothing is that simple, the only way I can contact South Yorkshire police is to phone them on one of the two numbers. as no crime as far as I'm concerned has being committed, I'm reluctant to phone them on any one of those.

I just hope there isn't a gentleman or lady who was missing their car, and it's stuck here outside my house in a cul-de-sac.

Edited by Itrytoplease

what about calling in to a police station or next time you see a police officer flag them down if car still there

They use 101 for this sort of thing, just ring it, they are very good and friendly.

101 but then once I got met police

If you don't want to phone them, you could put a message on the SYP Facebook page? Or put a message on the Facebook page for your area Safer Neighbourhood Team. Or message one of the cops on here and ask them to pass it on? There's at least a couple that regularly post in an official capacity.

I agree you should be able to email them, though.

Maybe you should come up to date and join the 21st Century :hihi:

101 is what it says on the tin. It's a non emergency number for police and also provides links to council, RSPCA, noise abatement team, dog warden and a whole plethora of other non emergency services.

It all seems very strange to me, this seems to be a regular thing, though there is a period of 18 months to 2 years in between each one, the last vehicle outside my house was a 12 seater minibus, again it was there for just over a week, then one day blokes walked up to it, looked through the side window for two minutes then walked off again, it was gone the following morning. Some 18 months to 2 years before that the same thing with a private car though I can't remember any details about that.

This time it's in S type Jag. All very suspicious, I'm obviously wondering if this car has been out of the country recently, and whether the red 12 seater minibus had also been out of the country prior to been parked outside my house (by outside my house I mean in the street close by)

Of course the three incidents need not be related, but it makes you think.

It all seems very strange to me, this seems to be a regular thing, though there is a period of 18 months to 2 years in between each one, the last vehicle outside my house was a 12 seater minibus, again it was there for just over a week, then one day blokes walked up to it, looked through the side window for two minutes then walked off again, it was gone the following morning. Some 18 months to 2 years before that the same thing with a private car though I can't remember any details about that.

This time it's in S type Jag. All very suspicious, I'm obviously wondering if this car has been out of the country recently, and whether the red 12 seater minibus had also been out of the country prior to been parked outside my house (by outside my house I mean in the street close by)

Of course the three incidents need not be related, but it makes you think.

if stolen its almost certainly someone parking them up to see if they have tracker fitted and are collected. they will come back later and then move it again for stripping if it doesnt go.

I never really thought about "Trackers" etc, but going back to the second time this happened would one really steel a 12 seater mini bus? If not, it's a long time to keep it off the road when it could be earning good money.

I never really thought about "Trackers" etc, but going back to the second time this happened would one really steel a 12 seater mini bus? If not, it's a long time to keep it off the road when it could be earning good money.

I've got a 307 that's been left across road from me for a fortnight now no tax on it. That ran out end of Jan,car has been reported to an officer who was walking beat but no action yet.

The 0ld 202020 number has either gone or will be gone soon.

The only reason the 101 number had been introduced is to make you stump up 15p for the priviledge of making the Police aware of a possible crime.

Great innit?