Think I've just been ripped off

people who don't no what there talking about should stay quite, I can name lots of testing stations that will look for work to do, wake up and smell the coffee, this person isn't happy because they don't undertstand what they have paid for and are moaning about it, its a common problem with people who don't understand and just moan saying they have been ripped off,

Are you thick! I know what the op is on about, I can read, I was agreeing with another poster there are places that don't carry out work, they just test only, so it's not in their interest to go over board and start inventing stuff, P.S, Al stop boring me. Telling me to wake up and smell the coffee, you need smelling salts, full stop. :rant:

Just had car in for test, failed on rear pads(£20)-front flexi hoses(2x£10)a front gator(£20 at most) and emissions.

Bloke fitted a fuel filter(£6) and air filter (£9)to solve emissions problem

originally quoted me £250 inc test so I left it yesterday morning hoping to get it back for work at latest this morning

Bloke phoned at 5pm today and says £300- no deal

its also cost me a days work,the small failures could have been fixed by myself in the time I had off work !!!!!

Does this sound like a honest price ???:confused::confused:

Why didn't you just ask the garage why it was costing an extra £50 ?

Thing is I could have done it myself especially in the 2 days time that the cowboys had to change pads/air filter/fuel filter/2xhoses.

Oh yeh, I cant find a new gator on the car by the way so looks like thats not been done

If you get quoted £250 would you expect to pay £300 loon

do you no what a gator is,

---------- Post added 19-05-2014 at 01:07 ----------

Are you thick! I know what the op is on about, I can read, I was agreeing with another poster there are places that don't carry out work, they just test only, so it's not in their interest to go over board and start inventing stuff, P.S, Al stop boring me. Telling me to wake up and smell the coffee, you need smelling salts, full stop. :rant:

ha ha ha ha ha ha

met me half way at £275.

test is £30 with approx £75 in parts

So thats £200 for 2-3hrs labour at a back street garage

There's still a banging noise coming from the rear end which was pointed out by myself initially.:suspect:they couldn't find fault:confused:

The bloke I normally take it to was off sick so had to rely on stranger:suspect:

That banging from the rear, check your exhaust, sometimes the rubbers holding it in place come loose or break.

Agreed, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT FIX IT YOURSELF SIMPLE !

The op is a moaning git anyway and glad you paid out of butt hole ! :hihi: oohhhhh ha ha ha ha ah ££££££££££££££££££ :love:

was that an attempt at a meaningful comment?? If so you have failed BADLY!!!!

Seems like a fair price all-in for all the work thats been done.

I do wonder how changing the air filter and fuel filter will sort emissions tho.

Surely just a quick Italian tune-up would have done the trick.