Audio splitter Phono type

Im needing and audio splitter cable. I want to split the audio from a source into two. The connections need to be RCA (phono type) and ive tried Maplins, PC World, Currys, a few others but no one has one.

Can anyone tell me where i can get one today or even if anyone has a spare i can buy from you?

Neither of the two items suggested to you are what you want, using them you would only be able to plug into one channel of the output source and whatever connection you made at the other end would only give you one channel of a stereo output.

You say that you have been to Maplins and they don't have anything suitable - did you explain to them correctly what you wanted to do, as of 00:13am on the 17th May, I looked on their website to see if they still stock one of these audio connection units that I've had for years and still use almost everyday.......they do still stock them.

The item you want is: A 2-way Phono ( RCA ) Selector Switch priced at £10-99.

Its a little black box with a permanently fitted cable coming out of it which has two phono jacks fitted, which connect to the audio source.......on the rear of the unit there are two sets

( right and left channel ) of phono jack sockets for the audio source's you want to connect.

On the front of the unit, there is a push button switch......with the switch being fully out it will connect to one source, and pushing it in will connect to the other source - very simple to use and very robust little unit.

Neither of the two items suggested to you are what you want, using them you would only be able to plug into one channel of the output source and whatever connection you made at the other end would only give you one channel of a stereo output.

You say that you have been to Maplins and they don't have anything suitable - did you explain to them correctly what you wanted to do, as of 00:13am on the 17th May, I looked on their website to see if they still stock one of these audio connection units that I've had for years and still use almost everyday.......they do still stock them.

The item you want is: A 2-way Phono ( RCA ) Selector Switch priced at £10-99.

Its a little black box with a permanently fitted cable coming out of it which has two phono jacks fitted, which connect to the audio source.......on the rear of the unit there are two sets

( right and left channel ) of phono jack sockets for the audio source's you want to connect.

On the front of the unit, there is a push button switch......with the switch being fully out it will connect to one source, and pushing it in will connect to the other source - very simple to use and very robust little unit.

The items above suggested by Ghozer and truman are what's needed. You simply double up on them, one for each channel. The item you have suggested is a switch, it will not split the signal to two devices simultaneously. It all depends what Closet Guy wants to achieve but it clearly states in his opening post that he wants to split the signal.

Edited by steroc

The items above suggested by Ghozer and truman are what's needed. You simply double up on them, one for each channel. The item you have suggested is a switch, it will not split the signal to two devices simultaneously. It all depends what Closet Guy wants to achieve but it clearly states in his opening post that he wants to split the signal.

You're right..I thought it would be obvious.....

If it doesn't exist, Bardwell will create one for you. Failing that, get a couple of extension cables, grab your soldering pen, and make your own :-)

If it doesn't exist, Bardwell will create one for you. Failing that, get a couple of extension cables, grab your soldering pen, and make your own :-)

It wouldn't be a difficult task at all......