Sacked Sheffield Bus driver makes the national news.

Looks like he will be signing on, it's his mrs and kids if he has any I feel sorry for.

You also have to consider the driver's actions and their consequences on his employer and colleagues. TM could very well be prosecuted. Such things are usually considered on tenders for work, keeping contracts, insurance etc and so could have a knock on effect on his colleagues keeping their jobs, level of pay etc.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I think the passenger did the right thing reporting the driver

Lets face it he must be a little 'thick' to say the least

Using a mobile phone while in charge of a public vehicle, with women and children on board what was he thinking, surely he could have waited till he got to the terminus to chat.

He lost his job, surely when he joined the company he was told using a mobile phone whilst driving is a case for instant dismissal.

The right thing was done IMO

I think the passenger did the right thing reporting the driver

Lets face it he must be a little 'thick' to say the least

Using a mobile phone while in charge of a public vehicle, with women and children on board what was he thinking, surely he could have waited till he got to the terminus to chat.

He lost his job, surely when he joined the company he was told using a mobile phone whilst driving is a case for instant dismissal.

The right thing was done IMO

Your right thats the general consensus on here. There was one poster who thought it unfair on the driver for some strange reason. I'm glad hes been sacked before he kills someone with that attitude.

Guest busdriver1
Looks like he will be signing on, it's his mrs and kids if he has any I feel sorry for.

Kids maybe, but his Mrs? she married the dozy bugger......

Kids maybe, but his Mrs? she married the dozy bugger......

absolutely agree

what was he thinking.......I was married to a bus driver who had 25 years safe driving award.......he would never had risked his passengers safety

chatting on a mobile whilst driving a public vehicle is a big NO NO

sorry

Better the bus driver lose his job than someone loose their life. The penalty for using a mobile phone should be, vehicle taken off road treat the offence like no insurance, points, fines

Better the bus driver lose his job than someone loose their life. The penalty for using a mobile phone should be, vehicle taken off road treat the offence like no insurance, points, fines

I agree a vehicle is a killing machine if not operated properly so should be treat with respect and care. Its same with all these people who oppose speed cameras.

She should have just marked his card, im sure he would have appreciated that more than aiding him losing his job. You see no worse on the road every day really.

The bus company have to be seen to do something and that has been to sack him.

Rather unfortunate. The woman who reported him said " they sacked him so thatll do for me" !

What a sanctimonius statement, hope this woman is whiter than white in everything she does, i hope karma will intervene if she ever isnt.

Show your displeasure and complain to the driver sure but to make sure he loses his job and income is another thing altogether,hope hes not got kids that are going to suffer because of her need to get him the sack.

There was no accident, no incident and everyone lived, bit extreme.

Im not saying he was right by any stretch of the imagination but im sure a warning would have sufficed.

Silly thing to say! He put everyone's life at risk. He's lucky not top be in prison. It has nothing at all to do with the woman's personal status - she would have been justified in reporting the driver even if she were a criminal herself as it is in the public interest. Good on her for doing what she did. If he'd really wanted to keep that job he wouldn't have done what he did. Simples.

I wish my bus drivers would run red lights from time to time; maybe if the buses got to work quicker I would ditch the car.

My busdrivers often hit throttle when lights turn red because it is too late to brake to stop the bus in time, and they rather go through it faster.

---------- Post added 18-05-2014 at 10:48 ----------

I wish my bus drivers would run red lights from time to time; maybe if the buses got to work quicker I would ditch the car.

I doubt it. Only real reasons people ditch cars are because they cannot afford one or their doctor told them to stop driving or they have too many points.