Best road in Sheffield

What do people reckon the best roads in Sheffield are for the actual road surfacing?

Use the other thread to bash Amey and the Council. Lets use this one to be more positive.

Woolley Wood bottom (Ecclesfield Rd)

The roads being resurfaced "Properly " for the tour d france.

Completely agree Woolley wood bottom :-)

Woolley wood bottom when the bluebells are out...Spectacular!

All the way from Bradfield to past the Admiral Rodney is fantastic. Perfectly smooth Tarmac and it's easy to hit over 40mph in places, the pros will be touching 50mph on there.

It's so, so much easier to ride on than the terrible surfaces elsewhere in Sheffield.

Bradfield has the best black top in Sheffield but if the pros are passing the admiral Rodney they will be a little off coarse ! But have to admit the roads are much better for the influence of the TDF14

Absolutely. Drive up Jenkin Road (part of the TdF route) and it's smooth all the way. Turn off onto any side road and it's Pothole City.

Bradfield has the best black top in Sheffield but if the pros are passing the admiral Rodney they will be a little off coarse ! But have to admit the roads are much better for the influence of the TDF14

Yeah they turn off towards jawbone hill, but the road has been done all the way down to the one way system. Jawbone hill has been done now as well I think, they were doing it a couple of weeks ago when I rode past.

Yes it'll be all over the news and people will say, " Why can't our roads be as good and well kept as Sheffields?" Little do they know that ALL our side roads are like patchwork quilts! I put this on another post that was headed 'worst roads in Sheffield' and got a right telling off for it by someone in Woodseats, apparently their back streets are being done as well, lucky people ! So now, it proves that people do think the same as me - that these roads ARE being done ready for the TdF !

I'd just like to know why walkley bank road still hasn't been done, it's shocking for a main road such as this

They've done a very good job of Oughtibridge Lane [ Jawbone ]

Well done lads.

Absolutely. Drive up Jenkin Road (part of the TdF route) and it's smooth all the way. Turn off onto any side road and it's Pothole City.

Ive driven from Oughtibridge up Jaw Bone Hill ( part of TDF route )to Greno today and the new surface up Jaw Bone is fantastic ,so smooth . Just shows what the council can do to the roads which are about to receive wordwide TV coverage.

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 20:39 ----------

I'd just like to know why walkley bank road still hasn't been done, it's shocking for a main road such as this

Because its not part of the tour d France route . :)