Badminton near Ecclesall Road?

Hi,

I have just moved up to Sheffield a couple of months ago and i am looking to try and join a badminton club near Eccleshall Road in Sheffield. Does anybody know one, if not then does anyone know where the closest club to Eccleshall road is?

Thanks guys:)

What sort of club are you looking for? Badminton for fun, or for people who are actually very good at the sport?

I'm part of a group of people who play badminton for fun every week, usually 90mins on a monday evening at Ponds Forge, except when they mess us around when we switch to Graves or Hillsborough. We usually have anywhere between 4 and 12 people playing each week, with a mix of standards ranging from (IMO) competent to pretty good.

If you're interested, let me know either here or via pm, and I'll pass on your contact details to Ben (our lovely organiser).

Alternatively, there are other threads on the forum for badminton groups on the lookout for new blood... a search for "badminton" should get you going.

Yeah there's the Broomgrove Club for members on a Friday night - about 10min walk from Hunters Bar.

PM me if you want to come down for a week!

try:-

Hallamshire Tennis & Squash Club Ltd

716, Ecclesall Rd

0114 266 2153

Yeah there's the Broomgrove Club for members on a Friday night - about 10min walk from Hunters Bar.

PM me if you want to come down for a week!

Hi, I am new here and I really love playing badminton, and I live at harefield (next to collegiate hallam university), can I join you and how?

Edited by Shanghaiboy

doesnt the tennis club do it near hunters bar ?

Hi 1010,

The tennis club has tennis (indoor and out), squash courts and a good gym...but no badminton courts.

For a list of all the badminton clubs playing in the local leagues, check out: http://www.sheffbad.co.uk/