Sign in to follow this  

Disappearing cds in itunes

I AM SEVERELY FED UP.

I downloaded 98 CDs and some podcasts onto my iMac some months ago

A couple of days ago I transferred a dozen to my galaxy phone, not copied them as I thought, using android transferand of course they disappeared from the iMac.

However, I then discovered that a large number of the CDs and podcasts that I had not transferred had also gone although the icon for the CD and list of tracks were still there in "Music"

One example: a track from a Brubeck album....Blue Moon could not be played as the file could not be found.

I then searched all of my files for "Blue Moon" and there was no sign of it!!

Googling this problem shows it is not just me that is suffering and no one seems to have found a solution.

Is there an alternative program which will allow me to download and play CDs onmy iMac and also copy them to my phone?

I can link the phone to mycar's soujnd system with bluetooth.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 20:52 ----------

I have found in "time machine " that all except three of my CDs were present the day before yesterday.

By the time of the first back up yesterday at 07:54 many of them had vanished from the hard disc.

I have restored the music folder in itunes from time machine and have recovered all except those three.

It seems from posts on an Apple forum that there is a bug in itunes which Apple are unable or unwilling to fix.

So it's not just MS who have problems;)

But thank goodness for back-ups.

Edited by davyboy