Anybody here go to Rowlinson School?

i went to "rolo" but in the mid 80's..form tutor was mr stockdale and my form room was across the bridge in the metal workshop. thorpey was year tutor, mr ibbotson was still there and its good to know he was every bit as obnoxious in the earlier days. mr marshall was the teacher we all took the pxxs out of as he had one grey eyebrow and a big beard. anyone remember mr baines who taught swimming at the pool. going round to the steps near the baths where the big blower was for a sneaky fag was a highlight of the schoolday and going under the subway at the end of the day was wicked

My mum left in either 1975 or 1976 - Kim Tate!

My mum left in either 1975 or 1976 - Kim Tate!

your mum spuds sister ?

i can remember your mum .

My dad went to Rowlinson from 1971 to 1976. His french teacher was Mr Shipley. He was in form M. Form teacher was Mr Burke and for two years was in the art room with killer Holmes and Mr Campbell. In his form there was Ashley Kay, Chris Shaw, Ian Barton and Paul Rodgers amongst others.

Still keeps in touch with Collete Wilds, Claire Tomlinson, Russ Maynard and Susan Wareham.

sue wareham , havent heard that name in over 30 years .

I remember Shipley, taught French, and before the quads were born, he use to come to school on an old lambretta scooter. Then after the birth he was on Calendar on the TV, and got loads of free stuff. I think even a new car.

Indeed so, he got a Volkswagen Van donated, orange it was.

your mum spuds sister ?

i can remember your mum .

my mum only has a sister who is 10yrs older than her

Hi all,

I went to Rowlinson around 69/70, I was one of the first girls to go here when the school turned comprehensive from an all boys school.

I was in form J and our form teacher was Miss/Mrs Faye.

I remember most of the teachers mentioned.

my mum only has a sister who is 10yrs older than her

yes i have been talking to spud his sister is younger than us .

ask your mum if she remembers melanie crannage and margeratt burrows , kim wheeler , caroline hurst,

Hi all,

I went to Rowlinson around 69/70, I was one of the first girls to go here when the school turned comprehensive from an all boys school.

I was in form J and our form teacher was Miss/Mrs Faye.

I remember most of the teachers mentioned.

i was in the same year as you.

can remember the first day in the gym and when they were shouting the names out for what class you were in , first name was Barringham [sTEVEN]

Yes I remember that day well, I was new to the area and only knew 3 girls and had only just met them, I was hoping and praying I would be with one of them, thank god I was cos it was awful, new area, new school etc. I didnt have to wait long for my name to be called out as it also began with B. I made some good friends at Rowlinson some I am still in contact with, we were all in the same teams, netball, rounders etc. I was the high jump champ over all the years I was there (although my kids dont believe me now). Also went to Rowlinson Youth club over the years.

Yes I remember that day well, I was new to the area and only knew 3 girls and had only just met them, I was hoping and praying I would be with one of them, thank god I was cos it was awful, new area, new school etc. I didnt have to wait long for my name to be called out as it also began with B. I made some good friends at Rowlinson some I am still in contact with, we were all in the same teams, netball, rounders etc. I was the high jump champ over all the years I was there (although my kids dont believe me now). Also went to Rowlinson Youth club over the years.

trying to remember anyone in clas j i seem to be blank

Carl Dawson, Steven Bryan, Nifty Norcross, god too many to remember. I used to hang around with Judith Clarke, Caroline Ellis who was in form C, Alison Bywater, Bernadette Moran.