Anybody here go to Rowlinson School?

I went to Birley Spa around 1963ish, and yes I did remember Shaun Hessian. Cant remember anyone from Rainbow Forge tho or the other school. I remember Ian Buckley and Paul Gibson who both went to Birley Spa. I was only their for a couple of years before going to Birley.

Yes my initials were CB and tell him I hope he is ok. I heard he is doing ok for himself and send my best wishes.

Yes my initials were CB and tell him I hope he is ok. I heard he is doing ok for himself and send my best wishes.

he's done very well for himself .

I've just spoken to him he's in the talbot pub dronfield woodhouse as we speak .[or type ] he remembered you straight away .

solved my mystery for me .:D

I went to Rowlinson 1970-1975 and before that went to Dr John Bingham on Batemoor. Remember Judith Clarke and Bernadette Moran from there, as well as Gwendoline Bingham and Zena Taylor.

Was in Form K with Tony Parkin, Tony McManaman, John Brakes and Martin Bishop (and Alison Bywater and Sharon Parkes)

Only person i see from them days is Hazel Hobson who was in the year below. And i only see her cos we got married in 1976!

Only person i see from them days is Hazel Hobson who was in the year below. And i only see her cos we got married in 1976!

Was back in sunny Sheffield a few weeks ago for my Uncles funeral and thanks to facebook I met my childhood best friend Simon Lack after over 30 years.

We sat in a pub and reminisced and it was like we had never been apart :D

Funny seeing some of the names Jaiden and fixit are putting up, remember quite a few of them :D

hello rollo mob , going fishing this morning so i cant sleep , going at 6.30am woke at 3am like a big kid . some of the old rollo people who go fishing with us are , clint froggatt, martin froggatt , adam froggatt, alick fidler ,lee barringham , niel iderson. .... beckingham, rob kidgel , its the jordanthorpe outcast's fishing club weve been going since the rollo youth club days when we used to have an annual match.

also still see Ian mckee every weekend [big guns pal ] he goes in the yew tree coal aston every saturday with steve machin . after fishing we all have a couple of beers in the batemoor which is owned by another rollo lad andy wilks , he is selling it and rollo lad robert oldfield is hoping to buy it . we also go in the boundary social club [ old dormer club] janet fidler is the stewardess , shaun hill ,paul waterfall,mark hector,nigel footit,martin hartley, paul machin, rachel cooper, and loads of other ex rollo school and youth club people go in . most of them are parents now and some of us are grandparents. where have all those years gone ?.

hello rollo mob , going fishing this morning so i cant sleep , going at 6.30am woke at 3am like a big kid . some of the old rollo people who go fishing with us are , clint froggatt, martin froggatt , adam froggatt, alick fidler ,lee barringham , niel iderson. .... beckingham, rob kidgel , its the jordanthorpe outcast's fishing club weve been going since the rollo youth club days when we used to have an annual match.

also still see Ian mckee every weekend [big guns pal ] he goes in the yew tree coal aston every saturday with steve machin . after fishing we all have a couple of beers in the batemoor which is owned by another rollo lad andy wilks , he is selling it and rollo lad robert oldfield is hoping to buy it . we also go in the boundary social club [ old dormer club] janet fidler is the stewardess , shaun hill ,paul waterfall,mark hector,nigel footit,martin hartley, paul machin, rachel cooper, and loads of other ex rollo school and youth club people go in . most of them are parents now and some of us are grandparents. where have all those years gone ?.

Robert Oldfield, Now theres a name from the past :hihi::hihi:

Enjoy the Fishing Jaiden, Its midnight here so this CB is off to push some ZZZZ's

Bit of a trip down memory lane this thread! I was in class J from about 1970 -75. I had forgotten Miss Faye who as you say was our first form teacher. The form teacher I most remember was Dave Dawson who was our form teacher in the third year. Great english teacher, anyone one know what he does these days?

I certainly remember Judith and her friend Carol, best looking girls in the class/year. Other J names i remember were Karen Bramhall, Glyn Harrison, Stephen Footit.

I still keep vageuly in touch with Chris Colton (F), Dave Stunnell (D). We try and meet up every christmas in the White Swan/White Hart at Greenhill.

Actually I've often wondered what happened to Martin Kemp, his brother Steve (who I used to see regularly when I was in the UK) told me he went to London and became a fireman then later tried his hand at acting.

Hi Kimpton, what was your first name? I can seem to remember your name but not your face. (Thanks for the compliment from your second paragraph by the way).

Ive had a real laugh remembering all the memories of our times at school. I didnt like Mr Dawson as he once hit me on the head with a large book cos i used to lean back on my chair. I remember Mrs Bell, Maths teacher. Remember mostly the sports teachers as I did a lot of sports and was in all the teams.

I still see Jill Cam, Lorraine Feetham and quite a few more. I havnt seen Judith for a few years now as she moved quite a long way from me. Also Caroline Ellis I havnt seen since we had our last school re-union which was about 18 years ago as she also moved away.

Bernadette Moran I last saw on her surprise 40th birthday which was excellent and we all had a good catch up.

Lorraine feetham used to live on the batemoor , thats a name from the past .

Hi Kimpton, what was your first name? I can seem to remember your name but not your face. (Thanks for the compliment from your second paragraph by the way).

Ive had a real laugh remembering all the memories of our times at school. I didnt like Mr Dawson as he once hit me on the head with a large book cos i used to lean back on my chair. I remember Mrs Bell, Maths teacher. Remember mostly the sports teachers as I did a lot of sports and was in all the teams.

I still see Jill Cam, Lorraine Feetham and quite a few more. I havnt seen Judith for a few years now as she moved quite a long way from me. Also Caroline Ellis I havnt seen since we had our last school re-union which was about 18 years ago as she also moved away.

Bernadette Moran I last saw on her surprise 40th birthday which was excellent and we all had a good catch up.

Well Carol my first name is Peter and my surname begins with G. However I doubt if you would remember me. Spent most of my time in the music room.

As for Mr Dawson, that was his favourite method of punishment, his special twist being he would hit you with the spine/corner of the book for added pain.

I remember him giving Nick Clayton (remember him) repeated clouts until he surrendered.

I forgot about Miss Bell, she lived off Meadow Head opposite the park. She was married to a music teacher.

Carl Dawson was a great guy.

The thing that's worrying is when people write on here saying my mum/dad used to be at Rollo in the seventies and there now Grandparents!

I also know or rather remember Canadablade. I think he was in the year below me. Lived off Derbyshire Lane near the Prince Of Wales Pub.

Emigrated to Canada in about '74.....mind you he had to....he was a Blade!