Workhouse visit Northern General

i have been told that there is a health walk visit taking place this month to the old workkhouse at the sheffield northern general hospital. can anyone help me by telling me the date of the visit or where i could find information on this. i did not want to ring the northern general as they have more important issues to deal with

Any visit to the casualty dept will show you Workhouse conditions....

its still a horrific place to go to either visit or stay its terrible needs pulling down and a new hospital for everyone in the middle of Sheffield needs building as its a long way from Sheffield 8 area,please note the staff are great its just old,tired and needs a new one,then the staff would have a decent building to do there job from

its still a horrific place to go to either visit or stay its terrible needs pulling down and a new hospital for everyone in the middle of Sheffield needs building as its a long way from Sheffield 8 area,please note the staff are great its just old,tired and needs a new one,then the staff would have a decent building to do there job from

What a great idea, lets put it on that huge plot of empty land in the middle of sheffield

NGH Workhouse Walk – Tuesday 20th May – 1230 to 1300:

Meet outside the Clock Tower entrance at 1230. The walk will last approximately 30 minutes.

Walk back in time with Ron (the Body Snatcher) Clayton to before the Welfare State. Learn about the grim experiences in the Workhouse and the reality of medical care in the days before anaesthetics and antiseptics.

Also RHH Walk

Hospitals and the RHH Walk – Friday 23rd May – 1230 to 1300:

Meet at the Bus Turning Circle at the end of B Road (off Beech Hill Road) at 1230. The walk will last approximately 30 minutes.

Stroll around the Royal Hallamshire Hospital with Ron Clayton and hear his anecdotes about the Grey Lady, Dr Sneddon and the Royal Infirmary.

Any visit to the casualty dept will show you Workhouse conditions....

What do you mean by that comment?

What do you mean by that comment?

I think he's having a pop at NGH. Silly comments really, NGH is not that bad.

I think he's having a pop at NGH. Silly comments really, NGH is not that bad.

That was my next point. The A&E has just had millions spent on a massive refurbishment on clinical areas and especially the Resus area.

Hardly workhouse conditions, but hey ho let's keep having a pop and a moan.

Shame on BoyfromSmoke.

one of the silliest posts on the forum for a long time. well done. :hihi:

Meet outside the Clock Tower entrance at 1230. The walk will last approximately 30 minutes.

Walk back in time with Ron (the Body Snatcher) Clayton to before the Welfare State. Learn about the grim experiences in the Workhouse and the reality of medical care in the days before anaesthetics and antiseptics.

Also RHH Walk

Meet at the Bus Turning Circle at the end of B Road (off Beech Hill Road) at 1230. The walk will last approximately 30 minutes.

Stroll around the Royal Hallamshire Hospital with Ron Clayton and hear his anecdotes about the Grey Lady, Dr Sneddon and the Royal Infirmary.

Looks interesting. Disappointed I work! (Often the case).

Also RHH Walk

thank you for the information

Also RHH Walk

Do you know if you have to book a place or buy a ticket? Thank You