Norton product issues - HELP please

Hello,

Having had Norton Internet and anti-virus protection for the past couple of years with no issues I now have an issue!

Last night after closing down the Norton updated itself, ok except that when I came to open outlook 2010 this evening it wouldn't open, so I restored my computer back to yesterday then Norton told me it had been deactivated and my computer was now at risk, so I had to reload the updates and hey presto I can view Outlook again HOWEVER the pc was closed down rebooted and Outlook is missing again

How do I configure the settings on Norton to prevent this from happening please its so frustrating. I don't have the 360 version. However I do need access to my emails.

Any help greatly appreciated:help:

Get rid of Norton. Install Microsoft Security Essentials.

Problem sorted, and your anti-virus is free for life. :thumbsup:

concur. remove Norton. it's hugely bloated slow and unhelpful.

MS Security Essentials is OK, but not perfect, misses some and scores false positives for others.

There's a bunch of free anti-virus tools reviewed by Tech-Radar here techradar.com/news/software/applications/best-free-antivirus-9-reviewed-and-rated-1057786

FWIW: I use AVG & MS SE combined - a belts and braces approach.

Your subscription is for support as well as the product itself. Contact Symantec and ask them for help and/or have a look on their forum. You have a good security product in Norton and have had no problems so far so try to get help. The products mentioned above are nowhere near as good as the one you have. Hopefully the company's support staff can help you.

Your subscription is for support as well as the product itself. Contact Symantec and ask them for help and/or have a look on their forum.

Agree...

You have a good security product in Norton and have had no problems so far so try to get help. The products mentioned above are nowhere near as good as the one you have. Hopefully the company's support staff can help you.

disagree.... a lot. :hihi:

Remove norton and use Microsoft's built in protection. Also remove outlook and use thunderbird. :-)

Remove norton and use Microsoft's built in protection. Also remove outlook and use thunderbird. :-)

Yes get Norton off A.S.P. / Put M.S.E. on or Avast on the free ones . This is what the Doctor does no bother great products made especially for microsoft. :hihi::hihi:

Actually I sussed it out (eventually), it reconfigures itself (Norton) when it does a giant update so I had to go back in and reset it all again, since then it been fine until the next time.

Outlook I prefer as we use Thunderbird at work and its diabolical.

We also had issues with AVG and McA daylight robbery (mcAfee) so opted for Norton in the end.

its all sorted now however thank you for everyones input on this - greatly appreciated

Thunderbird??? Is that still going? Isn't that just a mail client. Use Google - all you need and it's not on your hard drive taking up space. :)