Sheffield food festival

May 24th to 26th. Does anyone who has been in the past know which day is best? I am off work Sunday and Monday so wondered if one day attracted more stalls than another. I don't mind visiting all days as long as there are different stalls if you get my drift lol

It ran between Friday and Sunday in 2012 and 13. The weekends tended to be the busiest (and perhaps the best). Not too sure which stalls attracted the most people as I only had a couple in mind. For me it was always a Caribbean food stall by the name of Rhumbah. Hope they're around for this festival.

Will be interesting to see how well it goes down in the new location as well as being in May, not September.

It ran between Friday and Sunday in 2012 and 13. The weekends tended to be the busiest (and perhaps the best). Not too sure which stalls attracted the most people as I only had a couple in mind. For me it was always a Caribbean food stall by the name of Rhumbah. Hope they're around for this festival.

Will be interesting to see how well it goes down in the new location as well as being in May, not September.

It's the bank holiday weekend. I might come over Sunday and go Nottingham Monday ( hooters is all you can eat wings Mondays for £7.99 lol)

May 24th to 26th. Does anyone who has been in the past know which day is best? I am off work Sunday and Monday so wondered if one day attracted more stalls than another. I don't mind visiting all days as long as there are different stalls if you get my drift lol

The stalls have all stayed the same in the past, and I would imagine they will this year, so you can visit any day. Reckon both Sat and Sun will be as busy as each other this year with it being a bank holiday.

I went in 2012 and it was great! Busy, plenty of variety, enjoyed lots of different types of street food and some cocktails!

Always wanted to try wild boar burger. Anyone revommend?

Any news on the beer selection at the brewers cooperative tent?

Haven't read the list but the brewers represented are Abbeydale, Blue Bee, Bradfield, The Brew Company, Kelham Island, Sheffield Brewery, White Rose and Wood Street Brewery. Note there are two beer tents this year - the usual Peace Gardens one plus a Moorfoot one.

Looks like the weather's going to put a bit of a dampener on it which is a shame.

I'll be popping down for lunch anyway.

I know the weather has probably dampened the festival but it's really not a patch on what it used to be, nor does it compare to other festivals not too far away.

It's a real shame, we actively support local businesses but it really wasn't worth turning out in the rain today.

I really don't want to be so negative but for us to return it would need more life breathing into it.

The final day of the festival on bank holiday Monday should be better as the weather forecast is for a nice dry day!

I did have a little wander around on Saturday, enjoyed the beer at the Sheffield brewers collective bar in the Peace Gardens (there was also a second bar on the Moor) with live music to help create a good atmosphere and a hot roast pork sarnie from the Whirlow Farm stall also by the Peace Gardens in the pop up restaurant area, also saw some good food stalls with cheeses, cakes, jams, spices and all sorts.

And unlike some food and drink fairs, there is no admission charge!