Hillsborough fun fair

I'm not saying it is just Farrar's, it is a whole raft of 'events' that, in my opinion and in my opinion alone, don't add anything to the experience of the park. Since I have lived in Hillsborough the amount has gone up, most noticeably when Labour got back in power. The key-reason for this, without doubt, is that the council needs to generate more income from the green spaces to maintain them, but they do so at the expense of those living in the area and using the park daily.

What detriment has it caused to you, the ground recovers and the grass grows back you can still use the park your not restricted to using the park it currently occupies a small amount near the car park which is usually waterlogged anyway

times have changed since parks had rose beds and manicured lawns,we at greenhill friends of greenhill park like many,put on childrens games and football via local professional companys to engage children in play,we also run the local festival including funfair rides some we pay for so they are free for the public,some are chargable,but I can assure all concerned that every care is taken re-the ground and everything

What detriment has it caused to you, the ground recovers and the grass grows back you can still use the park your not restricted to using the park it currently occupies a small amount near the car park which is usually waterlogged anyway

Each time an event is on parking in my street is difficult, I get to listen to blaring and horrible bass lines into the evening when the fun fair is on, there is the joy of groups of kids swarming through the park at night, looking to pick fights with each other and so on.

Last year there was a group of kids chasing a black kid round the park shouting racial slur at him.

So now you can possibly understand why I am not a fan. I put up with it because park has a public function, but the increase in obvious commercial activities is very noticeable and getting rather silly.

Call me killjoy all you want but I really don't understand why we need a funfair three times a year in the park, just have a big one in the city and leave it there.

Its a case of use it or loose it, if these events did not take place the Parks could close as they generate income. All events are booked via the parks dept and these include forthcoming fairs in Firth Park, Endcliffe Park and other green spaces, some still to be confirmed. Hillsborough Park is classed as a busy park as many people live nearby and pass daily. A few days after the fair has left Billy Smarts Circus will be taking up residence also.

---------- Post added 15-05-2014 at 18:19 ----------

Money off vouchers in tomorrows Star.

Each time an event is on parking in my street is difficult, I get to listen to blaring and horrible bass lines into the evening when the fun fair is on, there is the joy of groups of kids swarming through the park at night, looking to pick fights with each other and so on.

Last year there was a group of kids chasing a black kid round the park shouting racial slur at him.

So now you can possibly understand why I am not a fan. I put up with it because park has a public function, but the increase in obvious commercial activities is very noticeable and getting rather silly.

Call me killjoy all you want but I really don't understand why we need a funfair three times a year in the park, just have a big one in the city and leave it there.

killjoy no ill call you a nimby seriousley theres 365 days a year if the fair takes 30 days in a year is that much no wonder fairs and circus are struggling across the country if nimbys like you dont support or want them .

Does this open tomorrow or Wednesday?

It is scheduled to run from Aug 13 -17 but with all the rain it may get postponed.

The dodgems are in town so they won't be at this one.

The dodgems are in town so they won't be at this one.

Same as previous years, but Farrar's own other rides as well.

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 10:15 ----------

It has just been confirmed the fair will go ahead, open daily from 1pm, Wed 13th to Sunday 17th.