Normanton Hill/Jasmyn Chan/ Police appeal/ Man charged

How about showing some respect and refraining from criticism of the family and each other? Wouldn't that make a pleasant change from the usual run of things on here. It would also save me having to suspend your accounts.

Unbelievable.In just a few posts its come from a devastating fatal accident to allowing the parents to allow their kids out at 9.30pm ? RIP and strength to the grieving parents at this sad time.

How could anyone do such a thing and not stop to help !

Condolences to the family and friends ,so sad .

Deeply saddened to hear this my thoughts are with the family, friends and all connected with the poor girl who lost her life and my best wishes for the poor girl injured, I wish her a full and speedy recovery.

Which end of Normanton Hill was this? I don't know how the person who hit these poor girls can possibly live inside their own head right now. I'm sorry but to hit these girls and then to drive off is the lowest of the low and if the driver has any form of conscience they will be in the police station now handing themselves in all be it already way too late. It's about time they threw the book at somebody who commits such an offence as this, a few years inside is nowhere near suitable for the loss of a life.

My thoughts and condolences are with all concerned.As the parent of a 10 yr old girl myself I cannot imagine what these poor people are going through utterly heartbreaking.

If anyone has any info please contact the police asap please

The car, described as small and dark-coloured, possibly green, and maybe a Volkswagen or a Honda, was travelling downhill towards the A57 Mosborough Parkway

if you are the driver of this car please contact police immediately. There may have been reasons that you didn’t stop last night, but now a girl has died and they need to speak to you.

“The car is likely to be damaged from the collision. Have you noticed a small dark car that is damaged on your street this morning? Are your friends and family acting out of character today? Were they out in their car last night?

Edited by littlewizzle

My thoughts r with girls friends and family at this sad time xxx

one of the girls was my daughter in laws niece she was 14 and died at the scene the driver drove of, she pushed her friend out of the way she has got 2 broken legs and other injuries i hope whoever did it sees this and hands there self in

To lose a child must be almost unbearable. Coming to terms with them being killed in such a cruel and needless way is beyond my imagination.

Apparently police are looking at an abandoned and damaged car on City Rd.

I have no idea how anybody ever survives losing a child and this is doubly more so in a situation like this. My heart goes out to the Chan family and everybody who is mourning the loss of one so young.

I hope that the driver has enough conscience to realise that handing him/herself in is necessary and important, and that the girl who was injured makes a full and speedy recovery.