Normanton Hill/Jasmyn Chan/ Police appeal/ Man charged

Police ambulances helicopter normanton hill closed ,,, what's going off ??

Two 14 year old girls been run over, driver has drove off, one of the girls is reported to be in critical condition.

So sad, thoughts are with their families right now.

That's awful thoughts with the family's xx

SYP report here.

Please don't turn this thread into speculation about who may or may not be responsible. If you have information please contact the police.

A truly dreadful thing to happen to any family.

Edited by mort

Dreadful :( It must be the most devastating sort of news you can get as a parent.

One of the girls has sadly passed away.

Updates are on syp website,

Thoughts are with the family at this hard time x

there is already a thread maybe admin can merge?

Hope they catch the scum bag who did this. Thoughts with her families hope the second girl can recover from her injuries

http://southyorks.police.uk/road-traffic-collisions/girl-dies-hit-and-run-collision-sheffield

Edited by dnairn8417

I was just reading about this via Facebook and Sheffield-online. I've been in the shoes of the 14 year old girls family. No words can comfort them at this time, It's a truly horrific place to be.

My condolences to them, and hopes for a speedy and full recovery for the 12 year old.

I was just reading about this via Facebook and Sheffield-online. I've been in the shoes of the 14 year old girls family. No words can comfort them at this time, It's a truly horrific place to be.

My condolences to them, and hopes for a speedy and full recovery for the 12 year old.

I echo every word.

I hope the driver's reaction was one of panic and that he/she will come forward as soon as possible now, as they have the time to reflect on what has happened.

It's a busy road and noticed other day the smiley face/sad face speed dectector board had been vandalised. Still no excuse for what's happened. Hopefully bus lane cameras on Mansfield rd might of clocked his reg.

What on earth were a 12 and 14 year old doing out at that time of night, it's beyond me!!(

My 13 year old walks back from scouts with his mates. Finishes at 9.30pm, he's usually back 9.45pm. Please don't start casting doubt on the children or their parents at a time like this.

I'm not casting aspersions, but I strongly believe that is far too late for a 12 year old to be out, they are merely a child!!

This tragic incident could of course happen at any time of the day or night!!