Pointing Dog - Ecclesall Rd

I must admit I am fed up of seeing, hearing and being disturbed by children who now seem to be the epicenter of everything. When did it happen that children became more central to everything than any adults who may be in their vicinity?

A very true observation. What happened to 'children should be seen and not heard' . Kids today run rings round their parents and are real brats. Thankfully some parents do manage to bring up well adjusted children who are not needy and constantly crave attention and admiration but unfortunately they are in the minority.

Anyone been recently? I was going to try on Saturday...

looking forward to a late lunch and early bar here today, great food.

After my second visit to Pointing Dog I found service very poor as well as food quality. For the club house that make you feel like you are entering into a passport control the least you would expect that bread to be served in a bread basket or even a plate not in the takeaway paper!! When I complained I about the totally burnt bread plus why it was served in a takeaway back the reply was "that's the decision of management" I wouldn't recommend the pointing dog as its not really friendly place nor a restaurant that will welcome family and children!!

Been sold to an arm of Marstons.....

"THE ECCLESALL ROAD MEMBERS CLUB HAS BEEN ACQUIRED BY MARSTON’S PREMIUM BARS AND RESTAURANTS DIVISION

Pointing Dog on Ecclesall Road has been acquired by the Revere Pub Company, the premium division of Marston’s.

The amount of money paid for the three bars has not been announced, but we do know that current staff will be kept on during the takeover, which is set to begin in May. Marston’s has also acquired Pointing Dog’s sister bars in Bakewell and Cheadle.

Despite Marston’s having more of a reputation for sticky tables and 241 meals, and the Ecclesall Road set expecting an air of exclusivity when drinking at the Pointing Dog, the Revere Pub Company says it keeps the independence of the premium bars it takes over. So don’t panic Pointing Dog patrons, you’ll probably still be needing a members’ card, so you can drink away from the riff raff!"

So don’t panic Pointing Dog patrons, you’ll probably still be needing a members’ card, so you can drink away from the riff raff!"

Thank F for that! :D

Thank F for that! :D

I believe the membership card was something on the licence from it being a private club prior, not for restricting the customer base!

Watched an orange young lady go in there last weekend. She left her can of red bull on the pavement outside. Class E.

Interesting. Marstons must be really pushing the Revere arm.

I was in Harrogate last week and saw The Foundry Project just being finished off for opening. looked quite nice inside. Bit like Head of Steam. Then I saw the beer they were taking in and found out it was Marstons... Oh well.

Been sold to an arm of Marstons.....

"THE ECCLESALL ROAD MEMBERS CLUB HAS BEEN ACQUIRED BY MARSTON’S PREMIUM BARS AND RESTAURANTS DIVISION

Pointing Dog on Ecclesall Road has been acquired by the Revere Pub Company, the premium division of Marston’s.

The amount of money paid for the three bars has not been announced, but we do know that current staff will be kept on during the takeover, which is set to begin in May. Marston’s has also acquired Pointing Dog’s sister bars in Bakewell and Cheadle.

Despite Marston’s having more of a reputation for sticky tables and 241 meals, and the Ecclesall Road set expecting an air of exclusivity when drinking at the Pointing Dog, the Revere Pub Company says it keeps the independence of the premium bars it takes over. So don’t panic Pointing Dog patrons, you’ll probably still be needing a members’ card, so you can drink away from the riff raff!"

........Large Pub Co's usually mean the kiss of death!.........look what happened to Loch Fyne...........very soon not so fyne.

Is it true that Marston`s are taking this place over? Never been in personally tbh as , err, it didn`t look like my sort of thing.....