Preventing neighbour's dog using my garden as a toilet?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007CFDC0G/ref=oh_details_o07_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On the other hand appears to do little apart from drain the battery very quickly.

I have an app on my phone that does that. It cost 69p.

It works a treat on children:D

I haven't had the chance to try it on the neighbour's cat yet... but I will.

Pick it up and put it in a bag and sit it in the next doors garden. then explain you are returning what their dog left on your garden. Don't put it on their window etc!!!

I think a sensible word would be a good idea. Failing that, remove the poo and put it somewhere on their property.

A sensible word is just not feasible with some people. There is more to it, I don't want to go into details on here, but my neighbour has made it clear that she thinks it is MY fault and she has done nothing wrong. Also seems to be in cohorts with my other neighbour, and they seem like the kind of people who love conflict and winding people up. I don't want to feel intimidated in my own home. Can I contact the police if they start doing this, or would they not be interested in neighbourly issues? I've never had any problems like this before, I keep myself to myself, but I don't think it's unreasonable to shoo a dog off your property if it is defecating on it, is it?

take a photo of the dog when its fouling and report it, there are hefty fines for not clearing up after your dogs so they may be fined if they let it persist, if it involves costing people money they usualy comply, worth a try maybe, if not resort to throwin it at windows or over their car etc, there front door handles etc, its theirs so cant see why u cant return it lol seriously though, do they even know theres a problem in the first place if you havent spoken to them? but having said that they are letting their dog out alone to go and do what it wants, again i think there is legislation against that too

I bought one of these 18 months ago, and it really has worked. Cats hate being sprayed with water, it doesn't harm them, and it's amusing when I forget it's turned on and get sprayed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MW9VOM/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd thoroughly recommend them to everyone, and I expect they'd work on a dog as well.

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 14:51 ----------

This

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007CFDC0G/ref=oh_details_o07_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On the other hand appears to do little apart from drain the battery very quickly.

Just read this post and looked at items in the links, £50 and £20 ! No way should anyone have to pay to solve this !

Are there are natural or harmless remedies I can use to discourage my neighbour's dog from fouling my garden? It seems like a nice dog (and I like dogs) but I just don't want to have to pick up its excrement off my garden all the time. I don't wish to harm the dog at all, so it must be something that won't harm it or the various cats in the vicinity ( not including mine, which is permanently indoors).

I don't think my neighbours are very amenable on this matter, so I don't want to approach them. Plus, I don't like conflict.

Any suggestions?

Pour a pot of paint on the ground you know they dog will walk in. Laugh when the dog goes home and walks over his owners carpet. That's a start.

Just read this post and looked at items in the links, £50 and £20 ! No way should anyone have to pay to solve this !

I've yet to see any free way of stopping cats from going wherever they like.

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 07:28 ----------

take a photo of the dog when its fouling and report it, there are hefty fines for not clearing up after your dogs so they may be fined if they let it persist, if it involves costing people money they usualy comply, worth a try maybe, if not resort to throwin it at windows or over their car etc, there front door handles etc, its theirs so cant see why u cant return it lol seriously though, do they even know theres a problem in the first place if you havent spoken to them? but having said that they are letting their dog out alone to go and do what it wants, again i think there is legislation against that too

There are no fines for not clearing up on private property.

It is sort of like money behavior, but a little less as it is a shovel; I think the act of flinging it at the owners home, or shove it through the letterbox (using the shovel or smaller tool) would give them the impression that you are displeased with the events that have taken place.

Personally, I would wait in until I saw the dog run on my garden, "roadhouse" the dog, wait for the owner to show, and then "roadhouse" them.

I've yet to see any free way of stopping cats from going wherever they like.

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 07:28 ----------

There are no fines for not clearing up on private property.

I have rung the council and I can file a report with them and they will send an officer around, but I have not done this yet.

Is it just me, but do people not take their dogs for walks and pick up the mess while they are out?

I walk my dog twice a day. Sometimes more. But she has a poo on the back garden every morning as soon as she gets up and last thing at night before bed.

I'd be horrified if my dog poo'd on someone else's garden and I'd pick it up immediately. Your neighbour doesn't sound like he kind of person you could ask politely to stop it from happening. Personally, I'd pick up the poo and leave it somewhere on their property. If it continued to happen, they'd then get it through their letterbox.

You could try squirting the dog with a water pistol when you see it on your garden. My dog hates water and this would definately stop her. It won't hurt the dog either.

It is sort of like money behavior, but a little less as it is a shovel; I think the act of flinging it at the owners home, or shove it through the letterbox (using the shovel or smaller tool) would give them the impression that you are displeased with the events that have taken place.

Personally, I would wait in until I saw the dog run on my garden, "roadhouse" the dog, wait for the owner to show, and then "roadhouse" them.

I tried leaving the last pile on their property but I believe it has been returned to my property. I haven't looked, I'm not getting involved in some petty feud. I refuse to be shouted at or intimidated in my own home, and this is exactly what I will say to them.

This all started because they took offence to me gently shooing the dog off my garden, so I doubt 'roadhousing' it would work. It's a nice dog, and it's not it's fault if no one has taught it otherwise or bothers to watch it for 2 minutes. I wouldn't take any offence to someone discouraging my cat (if she wasn't an indoor cat) from going into their property, as long as they didn't hurt her.

I think the cheap wire fence might be your best solution then.