Preventing neighbour's dog using my garden as a toilet?

Pick the crap up with an old rubber glove, ring the owners doorbell, say thank you for being such a lovely person and shake their hand.

I have to say though that I like this idea better than mine, I wish I had thought of that when I took poo back to my neighbour.

I think a sensible word would be a good idea. Failing that, remove the poo and put it somewhere on their property.

Doesn't work with cats, or dogs.

Not a perfect solution, granted, but I've had some success in deterring both cats and foxes - with the cayenne in particular. My best results have been with human urine but not everyone would want to go down that route.

I guess a fence isn't an option, Isabelle. So, slices of citrus fruit or cayenne pepper sprinkled around.

I was going to suggest the 'fence' deterrent.

I really doubt that anything will stop the dog other than a sturdy fence, if you keep looking on here there are sometimes panels for sale cheap (mind you I will be fighting you for them :hihi: ).

Its horrible that you feel that you must just put up with this, I would be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed if my dogs did this to a neighbor, and so should they be, you are in the right to be able to ask them to keep the dog off your garden or to clean up the mess you know...

we had a cat coming into our garden doing the same thing. Tried all sorts of deterrents, in the end I`ve resorted to covering the area where it was pooing with netting, and sticking wooden skewers in the ground, this seems to have stopped it

I had this problem but I was the dog owning neighbour. I had a shared garden (yard) with the next house. My dog who I got from a puppy didn't know she should only crap on my side of the yard and as much as I kept putting her back onto my side she just sees the yard as her territory. My neighbour had a full blown go at me one day about sick of seeing my dog taking a pee on his garden. I sympathised and explained I had tried and advised him to put a fence up. (considering he didn't live in the house for around 10 months of the year, I didn't see the bother). I picked up the crap as soon as she had done one and washed it down with some water, once a week I'd use Jyes to get rid of any smell/germs etc. I always swept and kept both our gardens tidy, pruned weeds etc...as he wasn't there much.

I can sympathise it is annoying etc....and I doubt it would bother you if the losers you live next door to actually picked the crap up. Maybe just say 'I know it's hard to keep your dog off mine, but can you pick the poo up immediately as it is a health hazard'. If they say no, just shovel it every day into a pile on their garden or report it.

The house at the back of me, their cat took a crap in my raised flower beds all the time, I used to just shovel it up and lob it back over the wall onto their garden.

All our front gardens are open where I live and everyone keeps them nice. Our neighbour has three cats which prefer my garden, I do like cats I've had one but was a house cat. It's not nice especially in summer when it's right under the open windows and lots of files buzzing around. I've tried all sorts nothing deters them for long same with dogs but at least the owner could and should control them.

I bought one of these 18 months ago, and it really has worked. Cats hate being sprayed with water, it doesn't harm them, and it's amusing when I forget it's turned on and get sprayed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MW9VOM/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd thoroughly recommend them to everyone, and I expect they'd work on a dog as well.

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 14:51 ----------

This

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007CFDC0G/ref=oh_details_o07_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On the other hand appears to do little apart from drain the battery very quickly.

Is it just me, but do people not take their dogs for walks and pick up the mess while they are out?

a cheap wire fence should do it, :)

I really doubt that anything will stop the dog other than a sturdy fence, if you keep looking on here there are sometimes panels for sale cheap (mind you I will be fighting you for them :hihi: ).

Its horrible that you feel that you must just put up with this, I would be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed if my dogs did this to a neighbor, and so should they be, you are in the right to be able to ask them to keep the dog off your garden or to clean up the mess you know...

I would be mortified if I had a dog and it pooed on someone's property, I would have to clean it up and apologise. I wouldn't mind if they cleaned it up. People complain about cats roaming and fouling, but this is bigger :gag:

Some people though, prefer to blame others instead :( I think the fence is probably the best option.