Cowboy Builders - Sheffield

Anyone else been watching Cowboy Builders tonight, Channel 5, filmed in Sheffield about Mark Hawley the builder.

If you have someone of this name carrying out work for you just be on your guard!!

Anyone else been watching Cowboy Builders tonight, Channel 5, filmed in Sheffield about Mark Hawley the builder.

If you have someone of this name carrying out work for you just be on your guard!!

Yes,I watched the program the builder guy didn't seem to care one jot unhappily he's not the only one by a long shot throughout the UK.

i know his client/ victim from the show, heard it was being aired, not seen it tho

unbelievable what people can do to earn a living, demanding 99% of the money and un finished jobs. I never ask for payment until the jobs completed and customers are satisfied.

I agree with p and d should never pay up front for work till work is done and your happy with the job.

Named and Shamed and thats how it should be:)

Name and shame............if only SF would allow this

--------------------

Edited by Tipex

I had one of these a couple of years ago.

He was from Rotherham and I got him through one of these well-known trademen sites.

Had to fire him as he was totally incompetent.

Even threatened me when I refused to pay him in full for the crappy work he carried out.

I would love to be able to do that, just to help protect other people. Had a terrible experience recently.

Why not name them if a TV programme has?

I could name a certain solicitors firm based in Sheffield currently under investigation by the Legal Aid Agency for fraud (along with the ex) but I'm not going to.....just yet :hihi: