Holiday in Wales Help!!

aargh saga continues, hve tried caravans again, yes 8 berths hve 2 doubles but the third bedrooms are invariably bunks!! I can't put us in pull down in living room as dad needs to move around at night but he couldn't manage on a pulldown bed, nightmare really. Cheapest do far anywhere near Barmouth and inland to Bala n actually up to 50 miles around is £800 for a week in June. I hve spent hours on ebay, groupon has nothing, im going to eat worms now...

Have you tried Owners direct?

There are a few on there that might be suitable and this late you may get a deal.

Try trip advisor, they found me and the wife a lovely place in Ambleside..

You're so right about the cost of holidays in the UK. They can be extortionate. I also take my elderly relative away with us and know how difficult it can be finding all the right facilities. Have you tried voucher websites like Groupon? And Ebay can be a good source. There's also a huge Brittania Hotel in Llandudno, very faded grandeur, but reasonable prices and big enough to be able to offer single rooms etc. (It's Prices are a lot cheaper on discount websites, usually about £35 - £50 a room) They also cater for older people, and some take dogs.)

It's a lovely thing to do. I do hope you get something sorted. Good luck.

I've stopped in quite a few Brittania Hotels whilst working away from home, and every single one of them was vile.....maybe different in Llandudno, never stopped there.