Holiday in Wales Help!!

I am hoping to take my parents on a self catering holiday this June but struggling!! They are in their 80s and need a room each, dad needs a double bed but mum ok in a single, so we would need a three bedroom property that isn't hopelessly expensive. As few stairs as possible. Prefer remote/rural location but flexible somewhere near Lake Bala, Barmouth etc. We have a well behaved dog too. This is likely to be the last time my father travels so far as he has quite advanced COPD. On the way We are hoping to visit where my mother was evacuated during the war, not far from Oswestry, she has never been back since she left there when she went into service aged 14, she was a Barnardos child. It is also their 60th wedding anniversary, so wanted to do something nice. Can anyone help with suggestions as all the places I have tried so far either have 1 double and the rest singles, or bunks. Don't allow pets. Have awkward stairs, or are really expensive! Caravans are not great either as the rooms are usually 1 double and then singles/bunks in other rooms, my dad is up a lot during the night so anyone on the pullout bed in the living room would be disturbed. Aargh!!

Many thanks

May be better posted in general section. I don`t think Sheffield is in Wales yet :)

Hope you get sorted with what you`re looking for.

Try Sykes cottages,and search for North Wales/caernafon.

We stayed in a farm cottage ajoined to about another 5.All of different size and bedrooms etc.

Only 5 mins from the town centre and views of anglessey.

Thanks, didn't realise where I was posting this lol, bit distracted, thx for lead on Sykes cottages, I will take a look.

We recently stayed in LLangollen which isn't a million miles from Bala, dog friendly hotel with rooms to suit and at only £50 a night it was as cheap as a cottage. Although perhaps not as homely,but its an idea.

Ownersdirect website be worth a look.

thanks all, will look at dog friendly hotels but we do need 3 rooms, hence looking for cottage, thought might be cheaper,.Looking at cottages as must hve 2 doubles n a full size single at least, due to parents ages n disabilities , caravans seem to have 1 double n rest singles. Have tried Sykes n cheapest was £650, hve looked n looked n if 2 bedrooms price is reasonable, 3 bedrooms n its lots more. Will look on owners direct n under the thatch. Think we may hve to abandon this, parents will be so disappointed, they just can't take in how expensive holidays r in the U.K . Thanks all again

Modern static caravans have at least two full size double bedrooms, especially if you go for an 8 berth one.

You could try airbnb, or even type "cottage wales" into Ebay.

thanks all, will look at dog friendly hotels but we do need 3 rooms, hence looking for cottage, thought might be cheaper,.Looking at cottages as must hve 2 doubles n a full size single at least, due to parents ages n disabilities , caravans seem to have 1 double n rest singles. Have tried Sykes n cheapest was £650, hve looked n looked n if 2 bedrooms price is reasonable, 3 bedrooms n its lots more. Will look on owners direct n under the thatch. Think we may hve to abandon this, parents will be so disappointed, they just can't take in how expensive holidays r in the U.K . Thanks all again

You're so right about the cost of holidays in the UK. They can be extortionate. I also take my elderly relative away with us and know how difficult it can be finding all the right facilities. Have you tried voucher websites like Groupon? And Ebay can be a good source. There's also a huge Brittania Hotel in Llandudno, very faded grandeur, but reasonable prices and big enough to be able to offer single rooms etc. (It's Prices are a lot cheaper on discount websites, usually about £35 - £50 a room) They also cater for older people, and some take dogs.)

It's a lovely thing to do. I do hope you get something sorted. Good luck.