British Rap - Hip/Hop

Hi all, I am on a discovery tour of British rap and or hip/hop.

Jehst is amazing and I love him to bits, equally I think Ghostpoet is from a different planet lyrically speaking. Any other recommendations?

The reason I ask is because I am well into Nederhop (Dutch rap) and was sure I would find an equivalent scene here, but am struggling...

Skinnyman - council estate of mind is one of my all time favourite albums (from 2002 if i remember right) and features a hell of a lot of the dialogue from the 80s film Made in britain in it. Also check out his music speaks louder than words vid on youtube, its funny as hell

Taskforce

Braintax (again panorama is an awesome album, theres a track about the mind of a suicide bomber which is amazingly powerful)

Foriegn beggars

Klashnekoff

chester p

rodney p

skitz

mark b and blade

hijack (were big back in the day, under the wing of ICE T)

mud family

sway

and if you can find him, Mikey skinner of the streets' old mate from brum Crispy, under the name Mouth almighty, i have loads of his stuff, all unreleased, used to know him online back in 2002-2005 ish

Much love Mel! Will check it all out. I knew of Klashnekoff as well but don't think I came across the others.

My little brother swears by Nottingham's Scorzayzee.

Skinnyman - council estate of mind is one of my all time favourite albums (from 2002 if i remember right) and features a hell of a lot of the dialogue from the 80s film Made in britain in it. Also check out his music speaks louder than words vid on youtube, its funny as hell

Taskforce

Braintax (again panorama is an awesome album, theres a track about the mind of a suicide bomber which is amazingly powerful)

Foriegn beggars

Klashnekoff

chester p

rodney p

skitz

mark b and blade

hijack (were big back in the day, under the wing of ICE T)

mud family

sway

and if you can find him, Mikey skinner of the streets' old mate from brum Crispy, under the name Mouth almighty, i have loads of his stuff, all unreleased, used to know him online back in 2002-2005 ish

Oooo hijack, that takes me back to, what 1991? Still have a tape of them somewhere, debut album- The horns of Jericho. YouTube them.

While we're on the subject, can I implore tzijlstra any anyone else reading the thread to have a listen to this little masterpiece....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhCLrSn0v0&feature=kp

skinnyman - music speaks louder than words

skinnyman - ill be surprised (from council estate of mind)

skinnyman - loves gone from the streets (from council estate of mind)

Braintax - The grip again (the one about being a suicide bomber, powerful ****)

oh and for a laugh check out spoof rapper MC Pitman (funny as hell lmao) i have 2 albums and 1 7" by him

MC Pitman - **** farm

MC Pitman - mr pitiful

for mouth almighty (crispy) all i can find is an early version of the streets all got our runnins, when mike was still in brum and Crispy and SK were still in the streets

features crispys rapping

hijack - hijack the terrorist group

london posse - hows life in london? (rodney p started in them)

foriegn beggars - contact (they slowly turned more dubstep (with rap vocals) tho with later releases, earlier stuffs proper rap)

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 18:54 ----------

Oooo hijack, that takes me back to, what 1991? Still have a tape of them somewhere, debut album- The horns of Jericho. YouTube them.

yeah i still have horns of jericho on tape lol, and mp3 :)

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 18:59 ----------

While we're on the subject, can I implore tzijlstra any anyone else reading the thread to have a listen to this little masterpiece....
&feature=kp

lol i posted that link too, love pitman, so dry, funny as hell

Edited by melthebell

Lots of good stuff already mentioned but I'll add a few Sheffield lads!

Hoodz Underground

Darkstorm

Sniff

Trellion

Cheers man! Shame that a lot of these aren't on Spotify.

This chap has even done Newsnight !!