Why can't we all just say and think what we want

If people are not free to express how they feel how are we supposed to judge popular opinion.

You are free, stop wetting yourself. You judge by allowing others to equally express an opinion which may counter yours. It's how you express, and the evidence you supply that's important..Why do whiners have difficulty with this simple concept?

The title should read..."Why can't we say what we think" No one can stop anyone from thinking what they want..open your mouth and be prepared for others to open theirs on the thoughts you're putting into words.

Why can't we hit a person when we want? Well..you can...or do you think because it's verbal in many cases, it's somehow less moronic?

Don't think you have quite got what I mean.

My point is this, it's basically about good manners, if you have no problem saying something derogatory to someones face, fair enough, but in my opinion you're not a nice person.

On the other hand if you want to say it but wouldn't dare, then you are both not a nice person and also a coward.

And then you go onto do write this

I must conclude that you are a complete thick two hat.

Your credibility just went out of the window.

I have to conclude that your blatent self-contradiction says little about your own intelligence.

Veiled name calling ..really ... first call of those with a weak stance or lack of ability to sucessfully present their point of view.

As it appears you are calling yourself not a nice person and a coward, its the first thing you have written that I fully support.

I have to conclude that your blatent self-contradiction says little about your own intelligence.

Veiled name calling ..really ... first call of those with a weak stance or lack of ability to sucessfully present their point of view.

As it appears you are calling yourself not a nice person and a coward, its the first thing you have written that I fully support.

But he's embracing the freedom of speech thing isn't he? Would you deny him the right?

But he's embracing the freedom of speech thing isn't he? Would you deny him the right?

+1 lol, they don't like it when other people use it :hihi:

Tommo, is it OK if I call you a dimwitted xenophobic bigot who thinks with his genitals? Cheers.

So regardless of what someone might want to say in your opinion its ok that they dare not say it because they are afraid.

I think there was a group of people that held a similar view to yourself in Germany during the 1930's to mid 40's.

If people are not free to express how they feel how are we supposed to judge popular opinion. Whether or not you agree with that person's opinion is secondary to the fact that they should be free to have their own opinion.

If what they say is slanderous or a false accusation they could be prosecuted.. an often unfortunate risk they may choose to take.

There is too much weight given to the PC brigade who are openly two faced. On this forum I have seen someone express the opinion that they hate yanks. Fair enough its his life and his opinion you might say.

Note he did not say people from the United States of America he said yanks which whilst it has many meanings it is considered when used by a Brit to have pejorative overtones.

On top of that the person posting said that they hate yanks.

Not one of the PC brigade expressed outrage or disgust at the expressed sentiment or use of the word yank, if fact no-one even commented on this.

Had the same, or any other, person said I hate ------- and named (nicknamed, or abbreviated) people from lets say a north african or middle eastern country, you can guarantee that members of the PC brigade would label that person a racist and there would have been a fuss.

A double standard that that the PC brigade deem to be acceptable.

so can I pop round and call yer grandma the c word?

Why can't we all just say and think what we want? (rickie the...)

You can. But unless you are happy to be rejected by society, your family and your friends as a rude, dysfunctional, antisocial cretin, it would be idea to think about the impact of what you say before opening yer gob.

Next question?

You may say as you please. However most of what people have to say is a load of negative rubbish and foul language. Most people would end up with little or no friends.

I have friends and family who I choose to ignore if certain subjects come up. I know a very racist old man, but I like him. I choose to stay clear of his comments if his conversation goes that way. I have a sister in law who hates racist but spends far too much time moaning about the kids. Once again I stay clear on the conversation about kids.

We can say as we please but be prepared for people to ignore you if it's a load of crap.

See the response from other posters. You're not that quick on the uptake are you? :D

Anyway, off to the Lakes for a few days.

Be back with more insults next week. :)

After the recent media storms over UKIP candidates making "offensive" remarks and Jeremy Clarkson supposedly mumbling the N word, here's a suggestion.

Why can't we all just say and think whatever we want and stop worrying about who we offend? Regardless of whether you're left wing right wing, black, white, straight gay or whatever, we should all be free to express ourselves however we like, even if it upsets people.

Honestly, your posts are unbelievably pathetic! I think you need to take a look at yourself in the mirror, then slap yourself round the face and get back in bed! Grow up, nutter!!!

So regardless of what someone might want to say in your opinion its ok that they dare not say it because they are afraid.

I think there was a group of people that held a similar view to yourself in Germany during the 1930's to mid 40's.

If people are not free to express how they feel how are we supposed to judge popular opinion. Whether or not you agree with that person's opinion is secondary to the fact that they should be free to have their own opinion.

If what they say is slanderous or a false accusation they could be prosecuted.. an often unfortunate risk they may choose to take.

There is too much weight given to the PC brigade who are openly two faced. On this forum I have seen someone express the opinion that they hate yanks. Fair enough its his life and his opinion you might say.

Note he did not say people from the United States of America he said yanks which whilst it has many meanings it is considered when used by a Brit to have pejorative overtones.

On top of that the person posting said that they hate yanks.

Not one of the PC brigade expressed outrage or disgust at the expressed sentiment or use of the word yank, if fact no-one even commented on this.

Had the same, or any other, person said I hate ------- and named (nicknamed, or abbreviated) people from lets say a north african or middle eastern country, you can guarantee that members of the PC brigade would label that person a racist and there would have been a fuss.

A double standard that that the PC brigade deem to be acceptable.

Did you express your outrage?