Why can't we all just say and think what we want

After the recent media storms over UKIP candidates making "offensive" remarks and Jeremy Clarkson supposedly mumbling the N word, here's a suggestion.

Why can't we all just say and think whatever we want and stop worrying about who we offend? Regardless of whether you're left wing right wing, black, white, straight gay or whatever, we should all be free to express ourselves however we like, even if it upsets people.

After the recent media storms over UKIP candidates making "offensive" remarks and Jeremy Clarkson supposedly mumbling the N word, here's a suggestion.

Why can't we all just say and think whatever we want and stop worrying about who we offend? Regardless of whether you're left wing right wing, black, white, straight gay or whatever, we should all be free to express ourselves however we like, even if it upsets people.

Why should we?

Most of the people who like to make similar claims then return home and lie to family,friends and loved ones so that they don't upset them.

No you bum isn't big in that dress - wow that is a big butt.

yes mum that tea was lovely - it was crap but i daren't say so

Sorry boss, i was late 'cos i missed the bus - not because i hate your job.

You can hold what views you want its just when you start doing it to influence others or affect other people that it can get you into trouble. The reasons why theres legislation against that should be obvious.

That would be great if the country was full of intelligent, caring and understanding people, but unfortunately it isn't.

I do think we're too politically correct at times for fear of upsetting others.

I've recited this before, but I remember once on Question Time Robin Day was trying to point out a gentleman in the audience to ask a question.

He was saying 'left, right, up a bit, pink shirt etc'.

The guy was the only black face in that part of the audience......Why not just say 'The coloured gentleman'.

It was almost as though he was fearful to use his skin colour as a description.....Say what you see as Roy Walker would say.

Regards

Doom

Do you support the right for British Muslim's to attend soldiers funerals while chanting "you're going to burn in hell" and setting fire to poppies?

I want to kill gay people.

Women should have no rights.

The poor should be executed and used as animal feed.

You recon those opinions are ok? Would you like to hear them? Wouldnt it bother you?

You mean when you're offensive and not worry about who you offend you get offended when people question how offensive you are? duh!

"Lets all be offensive as long as we'r not offended"? Yeah like that's going to work. :roll:

I do think we're too politically correct at times for fear of upsetting others.

I've recited this before, but I remember once on Question Time Robin Day was trying to point out a gentleman in the audience to ask a question.

He was saying 'left, right, up a bit, pink shirt etc'.

The guy was the only black face in that part of the audience......Why not just say 'The coloured gentleman'.

It was almost as though he was fearful to use his skin colour as a description.....Say what you see as Roy Walker would say.

Regards

Doom

Someone (probably white) would have screamed racist!

How about if people kept on saying that they think that you are a pedophile, would you support that right? What if during a crowded function, someone shouted fire and caused a stamped, are you fine with that?

The truth is that actions that can lead to harm must have consequences, and there is a link between hateful words and hateful actions that go on to cause harm.

We can, go ahead.

And then everyone else can do and say what they want, which is to say that you offended them.

So are you saying that you should be able to say what you like, but no one else should have the right to reply unless they agree? :roll:

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 15:47 ----------

I want to kill gay people.

Women should have no rights.

The poor should be executed and used as animal feed.

You recon those opinions are ok? Would you like to hear them? Wouldnt it bother you?

Are you "saying" what you like, or are you actually saying you think you should be able to do these things?

Having those opinions is your right. Other people have the right to argue with you of course.

A poorly thought out thread. 0/10 for rickiethetwat.