Banning the Burqa top of BNP list LOL.

I got one of their flyers through the letter box today. What a bunch of idiots. On the flyer is a list, and at the top of this list is banning the burka. Quote> because it is threatening and offensive< Quote LOL. Now if it had been huddies on Saturday night I could understand it Even screaming Lord sutch had a better chance of retaining his deposit. :hihi:

They won’t even succeed by way of protest votes.

I never got one through the letter box . However if I cant walk into a bank with a balaclava, or crash helmet , then why can I with a burka?

I never got one through the letter box . However if I cant walk into a bank with a balaclava, or crash helmet , then why can I with a burka?

I bought a Burqua, £6 from Ebay, I intend to try out the bank in it and see if the shutters go up ;)

Maybe I should have a burka next time I go out, go to the bank for some money.... go to a club, then get a taxi home.... And not one person or cctv knows what I look like.... Im in!! Let's all do the burka!!!!

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 01:10 ----------

I bought a Burqua, £6 from Ebay, I intend to try out the bank in it and see if the shutters go up ;)

LMAO!!!! .... Me too!

LMAO!!!! .... Me too!

Honest I have one, I would like to try and get a bus pass with it on one day but as a soon as I grow the gonads I am going to my bank :)

lmfao!!!! ....The scary thing is .... I think it would work. No questions asked!

lmfao!!!! ....The scary thing is .... I think it would work. No questions asked!

so if that were the case why doesnt everyone wear one? There arent any restrictions on who can wear one.

Honest I have one, I would like to try and get a bus pass with it on one day but as a soon as I grow the gonads I am going to my bank :)

If the police ask you to remove it, please follow their instructions or you will find yourself on the wrong side of the law. :)

Failure to stop or to remove an item worn by you when required to do so under section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 is a summary offence, with a maximum sentence of imprisonment of 51 weeks.

If it's not a significant risk, and the banks don't think it is, then it's surely not reasonable to ask them not to cover their face.

That is the decision to be made - it is either reasonable or it isn't. And if it is unreasonable (because it is low risk) then it is unreasonable to ask anyone to uncover their face, including those wearing helmets or balaclavas. The 'religious' element doesn't mean you obscure the facial features any more or less and it is therefore neither here nor there when assessing the risk/reasonableness. If you ban the wearing of helmets and balaclavas in banks then you need to ban the wearing of burkas too.

Edited by Zamo

why do people focus on the issue of banks, I'm sure the bnps bugbear about the burka is far more wide ranging than purely ONE institution?

so if that were the case why doesnt everyone wear one? There arent any restrictions on who can wear one.

the mods aren't going to be happy about this.....they look cool in a parka when riding their scooters....:hihi:

I got one of their flyers through the letter box today. What a bunch of idiots. On the flyer is a list, and at the top of this list is banning the burka. Quote> because it is threatening and offensive< Quote LOL. Now if it had been huddies on Saturday night I could understand it Even screaming Lord sutch had a better chance of retaining his deposit. :hihi:

They won’t even succeed by way of protest votes.

The burka IS offensive. Its also degrading and misogynistic.

The bnp are nobs though so this valid point they have is going to be pretty much ignored.

That is the decision to be made - it is either reasonable or it isn't. And if it is unreasonable (because it is low risk) then it is unreasonable to ask anyone to uncover their face, including those wearing helmets or balaclavas. The 'religious' element doesn't mean you obscure the facial features any more or less and it is therefore neither here nor there when assessing the risk/reasonableness. If you ban the wearing of helmets and balaclavas in banks then you need to ban the wearing of burkas too.

You're arguing that the decision criteria should only be 'Is their face covered or not?' The banks are taking a more nuanced approach - 'Is their face covered by a garment bank robbers have frequently worn?' It surely makes sense for banks to choose security measures that, while effective, minimise the number of people affected by them.

There are many reasons to object to burkas - I agree with many of them. It's just that the bank thing is a poor one.