Infamous Balti King

Unless the reasons are quite clear of the unpopularity of Balti King,I am sure people of Sheffield can be assured of good food always from Balti King. So cmon Sheffield citizens..let us know more about it... we are quite eager to know whats wrong at that place.. I am one of the few regulars out there ...had good food always .... ;)

Well maybe I went there on a bad night. Waiters were well moody, pretty much threw our food on the table, and I was completely underwhelmed by the food. Not that I expect them to bow and courtsey but you at least expect politeness. Bad service and below average food I thought. The people I went with thought the same, and there's plenty other curry houses out there so I've not been back.

i find it pretty skanky too. it is semi-crap in the early evening and atrocious after pub closing, balti, korma, metha, jalfrezi,vindaloo they all taste the same....but then they serve a pupose...they cater to drunks with no taste buds.

however can i recommend a lovely takeaway-azads on ecclesall rd (nr the banner cross pub), its super cheap for collection and lovely food....it is a bit too greasy but tastes delicious and is defo recommended esp if ur having a skint night in

I went there once (or twice as it was the first and last time) Took my parents in a party of six. Service was poor and every main meal was the same colour red. All looked like tomato soup and we had all ordered very different choices. Been to countless curry houses over the years, but this experience was unique and memorable enough for it never to have been repeated. I was tempted by a glossy promo in a local rag .... all fabrication. All other curry houses in Sheffield that I have tried have been very good, this one not, so why repeat. Particular faves are the Dilshad on Woodseats (waiters are charming) and Hakims on London Road (they used to do a good deal on Sunday.

Wow!.Interesting reviews.Never thought that the public opinion of the restaurant is so bad...good to be updated about this restaurant.Keep the opinions going.. love to read them ;):)..the more the merrier..at least we genuine food lovers get to know the true picture of restaurants ..whatdoyousay ;):)

Im sure other restaurants also have hygiene problems.You can't find even one restaurant anywhere where they maintain hygeine standards in a top quality manner ... can they?. The food of Balti King is damn good and their services too.thumbs up to them.. Though i find very less crowd nowadays as compared to other restaurants.. signs of the downfall of a famous restaurant ..is it ?

Believe me to get a fine of the level that they did it must have been horrendous.

I too got food poisoning from this place a while ago and have never been back but read with much glee the regular reports of their hygene breach charges. And you just need to see the prices of the millennium take-away to see that what they sell must be crap. You get what you pay for, plus mouse poo at this place. I always pity the poor fools queing up when i pass.

Maybe its high time the owners wake up:mad: :huh::confused: to the downfall of their joint:mad: :help: , reinvent themselves and start afresh with new flavours ;) , if they want to stay in the business:thumbsup:

I have to say that although it was quite a while ago that I visited Balti King it was probably the worst curry I've ever had! Really runny and tasteless - but then again it was late at night and it was very cheap - you get what you pay for I suppose!!

Well from a business point of view as the place is always packed I'd say the owners have little incentive but to carry on as normal.

It's not my idea of a good restaurant. The food and wine are mediocre at best. Like many curry houses the service is in-yer-face. I don't want wise-cracks with my meal and I can poor my own wine you patronising sell-on merchant. :rant:

But it does exactly what it says on the tin. It's a loud, lively, bog standard curry house which caters for drunken students.

dear oh dear can't believe some people STILL go to the balti king. unfortunately the bad press could be as a result of past articles that have appeared in the sheffield star. also ask an environmental health officer what they think or some of the ex staff. fines aren't handed out for cleanliness, are they? doubt the officers will be sitting at a table near you!

I had a Balti King last night, and it was cracking. Good curry, decent price.