Grandmothers house burgled Ballifield

If anyone could help with any ideas what to do....

My Grandmother's house was burgled on Handsworth Grange Rd on Monday 5th May. She was in the kitchen doing housework while they entered the house. She'd left the door open for literally 15 minutes. Although she's 88 years old she's very "with it" and is very able. They went upstairs into her bedroom, raided her purse and stole ALL of her jewelry, including her late husbands wedding ring and her engagement ring. There is an ongoing investigation with the police but sadly these things don't generally go anywhere.

Are there any pawn shops or cash for gold shops nearby?? I'd just like to try and get the rings back. This is all she wants! If anybody has heard anything or could give any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Whoever did this are scumbags hope the police get them.

Vile cretins, forget the police I hope they pick on the wrong ones, get caught in the act and get what they deserve.

Really sorry to hear what has happened to your grandmother mate it is terrible it happened to my mother and father a few years back and it still upsets them and un-nerves them now.

Would it help you if you put a description of the items you are trying to get back so we can all have a good look out for them for you?

Really hope you get them back bud.

I am sorry to read about this. Do you have any photographs of the rings at all?

Get round all of the pawn shops in the area and talk to them.

I'm not sure if they're required by law to hold items for a number of days to check they're not stolen - they might be tho, so the stuff could just be sat there.

She's not overly sure of what's been taken yet so can't offer any descriptions. I've thought about going round the pawn shops but don't they have some sort of confidentiality agreement? Obviously with things like this it's not the monetary value, but the sentimental....It's just horrible to think someones been in your house. Thanks for the help!

Absolutely disgusting news.. To think what the lady went through for our freedom to be repaid like this makes me sick to my stomach. Just let her know that the scumbags are in the minority and god bless.

If only collective thinking could cause death. :(

She's not overly sure of what's been taken yet so can't offer any descriptions. I've thought about going round the pawn shops but don't they have some sort of confidentiality agreement? Obviously with things like this it's not the monetary value, but the sentimental....It's just horrible to think someones been in your house. Thanks for the help!

No there's no confidentiality agreement, because afterall they can be done for handling stolen goods.

Any update of what our wonder police force have done to capture the criminals,