UKIP Candidate says Homosexuals more likely to be child abusers

The Lenny Henry tweet was offensive, regardless how you look at it. Not sure how you can defend that.

Only if you were looking to be offended.

There was nothing wrong in what was said. Some people may have been offended that Lenny Henry was complaining (which is better to listen to than his 'comedy') there arent enough blacks in a particular field of work, meaning there are too many whites or non blacks.

I find that offensive, i find it racist, and i find it typical.

.............Afro Caribbean's tend to excel at explosive sports like sprinting and boxing.

Those of African extraction (eg. Mo Farah) tend to excel at middle and longer distance running........

Right, so what you're saying is that people from particular countries have some sort of advantage within their genes, and it doesn't have anything to do with their colour at all.

After all I am only saying that it is as you suggest as you suggest. Being black doesn't make you a good sprinter, you have have your roots from a particular area. You also suggest that being black doesn't make you a good middle/long distance runner as you need to have your roots from a particular area.

Why should you both be frustrated? Henry's comments were based on his opinion that blacks and ethnic minorities are under represented in a particular field. He wasn't suggesting that blacks and ethnic minorities should be given jobs on the basis of their skin colour alone. As a campaiger in this area, he was merely making a point and trying to encourage blacks and ethnic minorities to pursue careers in his chosen field.

Nothing to get frustrated about there, is there?! Saying that he should emigrate is totally out of order and suggests there are deeper rooted issues at play here.

I can't say I've read the full debate, just the snippets I've picked up in the online newspapers.

If it is Lenny Henry trying to encourage more Blacks to participate in the Arts rather than bemoaning the fact that they're under represented due to underlying racism, then I think it's good he's encouraging more to take part.

I'm all for encouraging people to participate in areas of society where they're under represented, as long as they get jobs on merit....I just don't like the race card being played a la Diane Abbott.

On a side note, has anybody seen the new Premier Inn advert with Lenny Henry? :hihi:

http://www.thedrum.com/stuff/2014/05/05/you-kip-premier-inn-ad-featuring-lenny-henry-goes-viral

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:15 ----------

Right, so what you're saying is that people from particular countries have some sort of advantage within their genes, and it doesn't have anything to do with their colour at all.

After all I am only saying that it is as you suggest as you suggest. Being black doesn't make you a good sprinter, you have have your roots from a particular area. You also suggest that being black doesn't make you a good middle/long distance runner as you need to have your roots from a particular area.

I don't know the reasons, but it's quite clear to see that certain ethnic groups do excel at different sports.

Regards

Doom

I can't say I've read the full debate, just the snippets I've picked up in the online newspapers.

If it is Lenny Henry trying to encourage more Blacks to participate in the Arts rather than bemoaning the fact that they're under represented due to underlying racism, then I think it's good he's encouraging more to take part.

I'm all for encouraging people to participate in areas of society where they're under represented, as long as they get jobs on merit....I just don't like the race card being played a la Diane Abbott.

On a side note, has anybody seen the new Premier Inn advert with Lenny Henry? :hihi:

http://www.thedrum.com/stuff/2014/05/05/you-kip-premier-inn-ad-featuring-lenny-henry-goes-viral

Regards

Doom

That ad is funny!!!

Only if you were looking to be offended.

There was nothing wrong in what was said. Some people may have been offended that Lenny Henry was complaining (which is better to listen to than his 'comedy') there arent enough blacks in a particular field of work, meaning there are too many whites or non blacks.

I find that offensive, i find it racist, and i find it typical.

What's not wrong with suggesting a person should "emigrate to a black country"?

Odd you find the above ok, but find a valid comment about diversity as being racist and offensive.

I don't know the reasons, but it's quite clear to see that certain ethnic groups do excel at different sports.

Regards

Doom

So have you retreated from your theory that black people are better at some things then white people, and white people are better at things then black people.

So have you retreated from your theory that black people are better at some things then white people, and white people are better at things then black people.

:confused: Black people ARE better than whites at some things.

Boxing, Sprinting, Long distance running, whinging lol

Im joking about the last one :D

Face it, whites are better at some things, blacks at others. If you have a problem with that then really, thats a bit of tough poo poo.

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:26 ----------

Did you see this one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10795423/Ukip-ad-appears-next-to-No-Poles-Required-billboard.html

The Lenny Henry Premier Inn is a Photoshop edit by a b3ta.com regular.

Witty and current. I wish all political messages were given so much thought. I like it.

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:28 ----------

What's not wrong with suggesting a person should "emigrate to a black country"?

Odd you find the above ok, but find a valid comment about diversity as being racist and offensive.

Odd is as odd does.

You cant have it both ways. Henry is being racist against non blacks whilst at the same time playing the race card. You choose to ignore it thats fine with me.

At least one thing has come from all this, Lenny Henry has finally become funny. Well i say funny, hes more a joke really.

Did you see this one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10795423/Ukip-ad-appears-next-to-No-Poles-Required-billboard.html

The Lenny Henry Premier Inn is a Photoshop edit by a b3ta.com regular.

Love it. I like how the article states “Your daily grind... funds his celebrity lifestyle”. Oh, the irony :D

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:32 ----------

Odd is as odd does.

You cant have it both ways. Henry is being racist against non blacks whilst at the same time playing the race card. You choose to ignore it thats fine with me.

At least one thing has come from all this, Lenny Henry has finally become funny. Well i say funny, hes more a joke really.

How do you figure out Henry is being racist?

Edited by Agent Orange

:confused: Black people ARE better than whites at some things.

Boxing, Sprinting, Long distance running, whinging lol

If being black makes you a good long distance runner, where are all the long distance runners from the Caribbean?

Love it. I like how the article states “Your daily grind... funds his celebrity lifestyle”. Oh, the irony :D

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:32 ----------

How do you figure out Henry is being racist?

He says there arent enough blacks, meaning there is too many non blacks. Its simple really. If he had just shut his race card playing racist mouth and just pumped some of his own substantial wealth into doing something about it (if he feels that strongly about it) then we would all be saying what a good egg he is, instead hes got down and dirty and played the race card. Its typical really.

Oh and before you mention his white Ex, Dont. It dosent mean he isnt a racist just because he married a white women. My uncle married a women, had two kids and all the time he was a closet queen.

Henry could have been a closet racist, until now.

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 13:45 ----------

If being black makes you a good long distance runner, where are all the long distance runners from the Caribbean?

I didnt say being black made you a good runner. I said blacks make better runners. Like whites have the monopoly on inventions, going into space, building stuff, basically whites have much better levels of intelligence than blacks and we make the most of that. You just have to look at the vast majority of african nations, they are holes where people starve to death or die of disease every single day. If they had the mental tools to fix it themselves im sure they would have done by now. Having said that, not every white will be clever, industrious or a success and not every black person is going to be good at sports.

I would imagine that altitude and training programmes/facilities play a part.

It's pretty clear that black's are better at explosive athletic sports.

I don't think there is a single white running back or corner back in the NFL. Indeed blacks outnumber whites quite comfortably in the NFL particularly in the positions where strength and speed are paramount.

Of course it could be because the whites are all taking up a career in the arts instead.