12 years for running child sex ring

So you'd agree with me that any bloke who isn't absolutely sure that the young woman he's having sex with is - fully consenting, under no duress and of legal age - has it coming?

Would I.

I can see what youre trying to do, you wont succeed as like i say, ive made my position perfectly clear.

Would I.

I can see what youre trying to do, you wont succeed as like i say, ive made my position perfectly clear.

Would you not agree that any man of any age has a responsibility to ensure that his sexual partners are consenting, of legal age and not under duress?

Come on, how difficult is that to agree to?

All those found guilty in the only other grooming trial that has been brought in South Yorkshire will be back in the community by now. I find it hard to accept that these are the only cases the CPS could muster enough evidence for.

Most of the men charged in this case were found not-guilty I recall. I expect there just wasn't the evidence to, even find, the many others who were paying to have sex with children. People must know who such men are but no-one comes forward.

I am convinced the majority of this systematic abuse remains hidden just as the abuse in care homes was throughout the 70s and 80s and is only now coming to light. I am sure that many would prefer that it remain hidden as it is a truth too uncomfortable for many to comprehend.

Edited by Marx
comma

All those found guilty in the only other grooming trial that has been brought in South Yorkshire will be back in the community by now. I find it hard to accept that these are the only cases the CPS could muster enough evidence for.

Most of the men charged in this case were found not-guilty I recall. I expect there just wasn't the evidence to, even find, the many others who were paying to have sex with children. People must know who such men are but no-one comes forward.

I am convinced the majority of this systematic abuse remains hidden just as the abuse in care homes was throughout the 70s and 80s and is only now coming to light. I am sure that many would prefer that it remain hidden as it is a truth too uncomfortable for many to comprehend.

I only know what I have read in the local media, but I agree with you Marx, I thought it was odd that most of the men (at least those named) were found not-guilty. Surely they would have been named and/or identified by the young victims?

Thread closed.

If you have problems with this contact the helpdesk