12 years for running child sex ring

she might of had a hard life, but knowing how it feels to be mis-treated and then cajoling, forcing, bribing, other children into the same situation that she fought to get out of is despicable. 30 years sounds about right to me

It is generally felt that men cause more injury than woman with respect to kids, for obvious reasons

For what obvious reasons?

I'm suspicious as to how this line of thought is going. This woman groomed children and sold them for sex, and yet somehow, she isn't that guilty afterall. Just a little guilty. It's the men who are the real monsters.

T'is nonsense. Her part in this is equal.

I'm suspicious as to how this line of thought is going. This woman groomed children and sold them for sex, and yet somehow, she isn't that guilty afterall. Just a little guilty. It's the men who are the real monsters.

I disagree, her photo was on news and newspapers day after day. The scum who paid for sex with the children were able to go unidentified!! Yes she knew what she was doin but these grown men one who was 68 should be castrated!!

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 19:46 ----------

Sorry Christ-sleep I quoted wrong post. Yes I agree with you.

I not a fan of police but come on they done there job this time ,,,,

It's the cps and courts that have given her only 12 years not the police job to sentence her

To me they should tie her up in a mans prison and let the ones with aids loose on her

Dirty scruffy ??????

Hate to see vulnerable people getting hurt

I can see exactly where you are coming from. I am also sickened by the acts of these people but the treatment you prescribe might suggest that 'letting loose' men on women is appropriate for some crimes, and it isn't. Heinous acts are never justified and don't cancel out others, they will always be heinous acts.

I hope the victims are going to get a lot support in all aspects of their lives.

I wondered whether the woman was pressured by others to commit these terrible acts?

If you'd quoted the complete sentence, you would see that I class her and women who are prone to this type of offence as equally if not more capable of causing pain and suffering, hence my referral to Hindley!

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 20:05 ----------

But I feel the judges have this antiquated idea of women as " Sugar and spice" ectc.

I disagree, her photo was on news and newspapers day after day. The scum who paid for sex with the children were able to go unidentified!! Yes she knew what she was doin but these grown men one who was 68 should be castrated!!

---------- Post added 06-05-2014 at 19:46 ----------

Sorry Christ-sleep I quoted wrong post. Yes I agree with you.

I suppose she came in the for the most publicity because even today people still expect women to behave better than men and seem to be more outraged and shocked when they don't?

She started pimping out other girls from being 15? It doesn't seem a career of choice you'd normally expect from a 15 yr old girl, so presumably someone was behind that? I've not been following the case so have no idea if anything came out in court relevant to how and why she started doing it at such a young age?

She deserves to be punished for it, but I can't help but think there's more to her story than we've been told.

Maybe there's more to this than meets the eye.

That's true of every court case; no report covers all the evidence given (on both sides, remember); and still less can a website discussion (such as this one) reflect all proven facts and whatever might have been pleaded in mitigation.

Yes, that just doesn't make sense. Maybe there's more to this than meets the eye.

It is stated that he got 14 years total, 10 of which were for earlier offences of abuse against children.

I'm left wondering, what is the normal sentence for running a brothel, or living off immoral earnings? where adults are involved.

I'm disgusted with 12 years, she'll be out in 8 Max, didn't the judge realise the number of young lives she's ruined, there's no pretending it never happened, the kids are scared for life.

The judge can only act within sentencing laws.

He cannot give life for these offences as some people are suggesting. Unfortunately.

She's from Rotherham , surprised they didnt pick up on that from the other child sex scandals that have been embarassing the town even more thanit normally does

I suppose she came in the for the most publicity because even today people still expect women to behave better than men and seem to be more outraged and shocked when they don't?

She started pimping out other girls from being 15? It doesn't seem a career of choice you'd normally expect from a 15 yr old girl, so presumably someone was behind that? I've not been following the case so have no idea if anything came out in court relevant to how and why she started doing it at such a young age?

She deserves to be punished for it, but I can't help but think there's more to her story than we've been told.

I agree, and have posted this "alternative" view; but I have a pack of hounds on my trail who would do the Baskervilles proud: having posted NOT in favour of hanging Amanda Spencer or Joanna Dennehy in chaims, my posts are tainted; so unless I can establish a new identity (Mods - Is that possible?) we migth struggle.....

A lot of people are defending the police but I'm reminded of the grooming gangs trials recently in Rotherham and Rochdale where Social Workers and South Yorks Police were guilty of thinking the abused victims were making "a lifestyle choice"

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 07:09 ----------

In my opinion when you're presenting an argument and you use phrases like "do-gooder" and "PC brigade" it just makes you look like a Sun , Daily Mail reading thicko