Update on Origin Broadband's plans following closure of DRL

Why are people still dealing with this useless company. I would have had a new line fitted and been back on the internet by now.

Then I would have told Origin to politely go away.

That's exactly what I'm attempting to do, if OpenReach ever decide to honour their appointments :mad:

It is reported on the DRL forum that Openreach are currently removing all the DRL connections at the cabinets and this work should be complete by the end of next week. This will release the existing lines for new broadband orders. Worth checking on Samknows each day to see if your line gets freed up.

Has anyone actually managed to get a MAC from Origin? They won't give me one.

Has anyone actually managed to get a MAC from Origin? They won't give me one.

I got a MAC code last from Origin last month and gave it to PlusNet, but still waiting for an activation date, but my activation just keeps getting delayed :(:(:(

My wife has been on to BT everyday for 3 weeks she's very persistent it's open reach that are dragging their heels BT own all the cabinets origin were for the want of a better word were just brokers BT still monopolise everything.

Shaun

I had a nightmare 3 weeks and over 4 hours on the phone trying to migrate from Origin to BT. with no MAC.an absolute nightmare.

Finally my son who worked for BT for 20 years said,tell BT you are a new customer and require a new line which they will not charge you for.

Very quickly a new number and contract was provided without any fuss and I should be able to get my old number back shortly..............if only i had known!!

Just got a letter from BT saying another service provider is taking over my line.

This seems to be Origin's method of telling me that I'll be on their ADSL by the end of the month. Nice of them to keep me informed.

Woo Hoo, cruising the B road of the Information Super-highway, they say I'll be getting a maximum speed of 6Mbps. I'm imagining something more in the stuck behind a tractor range.

Having to deal with the cancellations department at Three for the mobile broadband has come sooner than expected.

K.

@mossdog - yeh BT provide new line for free if take their services - they've been doing it for years

@karl101 - any reason why you are going back to Origin, especially in the wake of how they have treated customers over the closure and migration.

I can't understand why people would go back to a company that has let them and other customers down so badly

@karl101 - any reason why you are going back to Origin, especially in the wake of how they have treated customers over the closure and migration.

I can't understand why people would go back to a company that has let them and other customers down so badly

I signed up for the phone/adsl package before they turned the whole thing into this shipwreck of their own making. As I went and got mobile broadband and hadn't lost my landline phone I figured it'd be easier to wait rather than run around finding a new ISP who'll only ever be able to provide the same miserable speed as Origin.

Yes, Origin are being extraordinarily rubbish, I won't be recommending them to anyone ever again ever (terms and conditions apply), but having put up with loads of 'communication' companies over the years, BT, Virgin, EE, etc. I've found them to be all consistently useless.

Origin's name is mud at the moment, I suppose they have six months to a year to get their act together, or they'll go bust. I'll be keeping the Three mobile broadband dongle handy.

K.

Thanks for advice and pm's I'll let you know where it leads us, one thing is for sure we've had more family conversations.

Shaun

I was told I couldn't get fibre in my area and had tried all those sites where you type your postcode and they tell you what's available. After speaking to EE on an unrelated issue I now have a super fast fibre broadband order on the go, pushed through with a blank MAC seeing as Origin were refusing to provide me one. :)