Update on Origin Broadband's plans following closure of DRL

Come 14th your current contract is null and void. They cant force u into a new contract and as current service ends they cant make you pay till when your contract would end. If they do then they the only provider on digital region network doing so.

Based on their presence on forums and the number of customers not being happy they seem to have gone the way they said they never would and now look like a company that can no longer be trusted.

If i was a customer of theirs i would have been voting with my feet and go with someone else.

Come 14th your current contract is null and void. They cant force u into a new contract and as current service ends they cant make you pay till when your contract would end. If they do then they the only provider on digital region network doing so.

Based on their presence on forums and the number of customers not being happy they seem to have gone the way they said they never would and now look like a company that can no longer be trusted.

If i was a customer of theirs i would have been voting with my feet and go with someone else.

I can't imagine them winning anymore 'customer service awards', their name is mud on here, DRL forum, FB and probably twitter.

They did offer something different to the big boys, not anymore.

I have always given them the benefit of the doubt, but after a month and no concrete migration date even I have given up on them.

I have always given them the benefit of the doubt, but after a month and no concrete migration date even I have given up on them.

Alex,

What would happen with my phone line after the 14th, would I have to get in touch with Origin for a migration code so I can move to someone else. And by the Why is it all of a sudden, no one from the Origin team are posting on here any more ????.

Edited by mmitchell

Probably your line will stay with origin but if you took out voip contract not sure how it will affect you.

If you not heard from them they cutting it short and u may be out of internet service from 14 or they could migrate you at put you in new contract which also has activation costs. But if they do this without warning you then breaking law and you can move to anyone else without penalty from origin.

Probably your line will stay with origin but if you took out voip contract not sure how it will affect you.

If you not heard from them they cutting it short and u may be out of internet service from 14 or they could migrate you at put you in new contract which also has activation costs. But if they do this without warning you then breaking law and you can move to anyone else without penalty from origin.

I have been in contact with them, and I am waiting for the cut off date on the 14th, then they are going to migrate me over for the remaining three mths of my contract for the same price. Then I have a choice to stay with Origin or move on.

I have been in contact with them, and I am waiting for the cut off date on the 14th, then they are going to migrate me over for the remaining three mths of my contract for the same price. Then I have a choice to stay with Origin or move on.

I would use the loss of service to ditch while you can!! They will breach contract so you can leave, this is my advice to anyone with Origin, ditch while you can!!

Your contract ends 14 August. You dont have remaining 3 months. origin have breached the contract by not providing you with 30 days notice.

I would start looking elsewhere otherwise u will be without service for period of tine. Even AlexAtkin who has always given them praise and defended has given up and gone with another supplier.

Origin have litterally gone downhill with the way they are doing this migration and the reasons provided by them is pathetic of whi h customers dont need to know of their internal problems

This really is a tragedy for the smaller man! I have been with Origin for over 12 months and have no complaints,but as usual big corporate firms eat the smaller fish.

I have reluctantly decided my best move in Stannington S6 will be to move to BT, who like all overgrown corporations will treat me like someone from another planet if I can eventually reach an operative.

My time with Origin was like things used to be in this country,whereby you could speak to a human being quite easily! Unfortunately through possibly no fault of their own they are now treading water and cannot give a satisfactory answer to ongoing queries...........sad,very sad!

They have known for a year about the closure. They leave it till last minute to do things. They have not been properly active since may. This is their own doing that customers are leaving because they have peeved them off.

They have broken all contracts that customers have, yet still telling customers they are in contract, telling other customers different costs to send equipment back.

Some customers who have migrated with them have been seeing the usual web and torrent sites blocked which origin have always stated they would not do.

As for putting customers first they have got worse that some of the big companies they said they would never be like.

Overall the problems Origin are having is their own doing and no one elses.

Remember Ask4 they provided all cystomers with information of what was happening and even told them to start ceasing in july to ensure completed before august closure.

What did origin do... Tell customers not to worry as all will be fine and further information will be given before closure of which some customers have still not been provided information and origin still billing customers as though network is still operational stating they will receive refunds once the network closed.

Origin should not be asking for more money for a service they cant provide. For customers that stay and then are disconnected for x number of days before they get onto new network they should be refunded for this as well.

This really is a tragedy for the smaller man! I have been with Origin for over 12 months and have no complaints,but as usual big corporate firms eat the smaller fish.

I have reluctantly decided my best move in Stannington S6 will be to move to BT, who like all overgrown corporations will treat me like someone from another planet if I can eventually reach an operative.

My time with Origin was like things used to be in this country,whereby you could speak to a human being quite easily! Unfortunately through possibly no fault of their own they are now treading water and cannot give a satisfactory answer to ongoing queries...........sad,very sad!

There are still a few ISPs who do not treat you like garbage and have a clue what they are doing.

I'm moving to Zen Internet, they are very highly rated (Which! best ISP) and you get to speak to a human being who actually knows wtf they are talking about.

I was also with them in the past and had no complaints, I only left as they did not offer enough monthly traffic back then but now offer unlimited like the rest - if you can get fibre. They are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Thank heavens BT fibered too Alex ;) I'm just grateful I could never get DR, blessing in disguise :hihi: