Update on Origin Broadband's plans following closure of DRL

Probably the reason you are not being contacted,is that Origin know it takes time to move to a new ISP. So they are only going to contact you at the last minute in the hope that it will be too short a notice to move! This and the compulsory signing of a new contract is despicable practice.If I was with Origin I would be heading for the exit door sharpish.

Probably the reason you are not being contacted,is that Origin know it takes time to move to a new ISP. So they are only going to contact you at the last minute in the hope that it will be too short a notice to move! This and the compulsory signing of a new contract is despicable practice.If I was with Origin I would be heading for the exit door sharpish.

Not only that, they have not provided any customer a proper 30 days notice - the email they sent cannot be used as legal notice - so they have broken their own T&C's

Ha ha, Origin has finally contacted me to say that my line will be terminated on the 14th, they offered me ADSL for £27/m as no other fibre in the area. So I asked about my 30 days notice to which they said they couldn't give me!!

What a joke!!

With how this is being dealt with my only words to anyone thinking of switching to them are 'stay well clear'!!

Having been with Origin since near the beginning I fell they are treating me like S**T.

Still do not have a viable migration plan.

I can have fibre but have to discontinue then new contract and may have 14 days downtime.

I can migrate to ADSL and then remigrate to Fibre (the ADSL performance is not good enough for me to work from home)

I can pay for another years line rental and have a 2nd line put in and then discontinue.

All for prices much higher than Plusnet or BT.

In the past I've spoken to Oliver (when the company cared). Asked to discuss my options with Oliver and I was told that under no circumstances would Oliver talk to me.

I really wanted to stay with Origin but feel they do not want to keep me.

To reply to that - I was contacted a good few months ago to see what I wanted to do and I feel like I've been taken good care of for when the 14th comes.

That to me, is a great service right there.

Naturally, come the 14th - should I not have the internet, I'll of course come back here and moan about it :hihi:

Why has it taken so long to get round their customers? Its not like they have loads.

My options are very limited now, I either have to cough up £27/m for ADSL which is ridiculously expensive, and probably still have down time, or switch provider and defiantly have downtime!!

The annoying thing is Origin has known about this for at least a year.

No idea. People have to remember though, they aren't as big as BT.

There will always be some kind of problem which needs to be addressed but as long as they fix it in a speedy manner, then I'm happy personally.

I'd definitely have a word though to make sure they can keep seamlessly switch you over come the 14th like they said they are doing with us.

They are providing a service to a customer, so it shouldn't matter how big they are. The same customer service should be provided to each customer.

They have known for a year

They used to be regular's on here and then disappeared

They used to be regular's on the drlforum and then disappeared

They use Facebook which not everyone has

They are quick to remove posts of FB that are not in their favour

They have NOT provided any customer with a legal 30 days notice for the termination of their DRL FTTC service (the email they sent is not legally binding)

They are making customers send back their equipment and offering varying prices towards this cost, when they should be providing free packaging and returns label.

They used to slate other big providers on this very forum, but seem to be acting like them themselves.

They should have had everything in place well before now and could have easily started migrating customers who could have FTTC across when the news was released.

Compared to ASK4, the information being handed out by Origin is appalling - a lot of users don't see the threads on this forum about how bad Origin are being, but if you look at the drlforum you will soon see some of the posts from disgruntled users.

If you follow threads on the drforum you will see that it appears that Origin are now likely just reselling TalkTalk Business packages, with no apparent links to an Origin network.

I think you will find that actually we only have ONE customer saying they are on TalkTalk Business and they also suggested a friend of theirs were told they would be on the Origin network, so this in no way confirms that Origin "only" use TalkTalk.

Origin did say from the start that only 36 exchanges are Origin enabled. It would make sense then that they would use someone like TalkTalk for connectivity to the rest, although its odd that they would use TalkTalk as the ISP too - I would have thought they would just use their backhaul.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Well.... after a totally apathetic response from Origin I've placed my order with PLUSNET.

A pity really as I wanted to stay with Origin but they did not want to keep me.

Over my time with Origin I've always been able to talk to Oliver (the MD). All of a sudden contact with him is not allowed and the people I talk to don't care.

Origin.... what a shame, you used to be such a good company

I have been trying to chase up my migration from Origin to Origin, they just don't seem to have a clue.

Its now a month since I asked them to migrate me over to ADSL and the closest I have gotten is being told there is an unconfirmed migration date of 12th August.

That to me sounds like they plucked it out of thin air because how can you have an unconfirmed date?

I have 3mths left on my contract, but if I was to leave on the 14th when the old digital shuts down, I was told I would still have to pay the remainder of the contract off.

[/quote=mmitchell;10613667]I have 3mths left on my contract, but if I was to leave on the 14th when the old digital shuts down, I was told I would still have to pay the remainder of the contract off.[/quote

Come the 14th they will be unable to provide a service, so they will be in breach of contract. I cannot see any court forcing you to pay the balance. Just cancel your direct debit and move on. If you have paid this month then that will be for September, so demand a refund after 14th. They are really playing silly B's. They have turned into a say anything, do nothing company.

Edited by tintin123