Crosspool petrol station

I live in Crosspool and have just received a letter saying planning application submitted to demolish petrol station on manchester road (the dearest in sheffield) and replace it with retail premises. I can only assume thisis something like Tesco express or similar. I am in favour of this because Spar has no competition so they can charge what they want. What do you think?:)

I live in Crosspool and have just received a letter saying planning application submitted to demolish petrol station on manchester road (the dearest in sheffield)

It's also the most useless, always shutting earlier than it's supposed to. Not very good if your going over the Snake Pass considering it's the last one for over 20 miles.

The planning info says demolition of the petrol station and building an A1 retail space. I'd bet money that's a little tesco or a little sainsburies.

It's also the most useless, always shutting earlier than it's supposed to. Not very good if your going over the Snake Pass considering it's the last one for over 20 miles.

The planning info says demolition of the petrol station and building an A1 retail space. I'd bet money that's a little tesco or a little sainsburies.

Looks like my trips to Manchester are finished with then :)

The Snake Pass route is absolutely beautiful, far prettier than the bland Woodhead Pass route

To my knowledge BP and Tesco have never done joint site working. Esso and Tesco have such as the one at Fulwood. Not sure who will run the shop part but I doubt it will be one of the main supermarkets.

To my knowledge BP and Tesco have never done joint site working. Esso and Tesco have such as the one at Fulwood. Not sure who will run the shop part but I doubt it will be one of the main supermarkets.

I was thinking that the demolition of the petrol station meant that there was no longer going to be a petrol station, but a shop developed in its place?

Looks to me like the petrol station part will be replaced by a car park. i.e. no longer any fuel sales

Existing site plan;

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/AB8676F1656CE056B08E5BD8FF51997A/pdf/14_01275_FUL-EXISTING_SITE_PLAN-768550.pdf

Proposed site plan;

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/A78C8A1097353BC56831C310A7D0B638/pdf/14_01275_FUL-PROPOSED_SITE_PLAN-768551.pdf

4 PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT

4.1 The proposed scheme comprises the demolition of the existing sales kiosk, canopy and pumps,

and the erection of a new sales building together with 10 parking spaces (including one

disabled space) and facilities for delivery vehicle parking. Provision for cycle parking and

signage is also made on the site.

4.2 The new building extends to 354sqm GIA, with a sales area not exceeding 280sqm at ground

floor level, and ancillary staff/storage facilities at first floor level. A small service yard

containing plant and equipment is located to the rear.

4.3 The new building will be located towards the west of the site, to the side of the adjoining

dwelling, in approximately the location of the existing kiosk. A new access would be created

to the parking/delivery area which would be in the location of the existing forecourt. Existing

footway crossovers would be reinstated and a knee rail provided along the site boundary.

4.4 At the current time there are no details of a prospective occupier, as discussions with several

parties are continuing and are at a commercially sensitive stage. Given the style and format of

the unit and the location of the site, however, it is anticipated that it will attract a general

convenience store operator selling everyday items such as groceries, alcoholic and soft drinks,

tobacco, and newspapers. The location would be attractive to an operator who would take

advantage of trade from local residents living in Crosspool and nearby areas in the western

part of Sheffield as well as pass-by traffic on the A57.

Edited by peak4

I was thinking that the demolition of the petrol station meant that there was no longer going to be a petrol station, but a shop developed in its place?

The plans show no petrol station

Dont the petrol stations HAVE shops in them in crosspool

I would have thought they'd keep the petrol station part as there aren't any others nearby?

Edited by Paddy

I would have thought they'd keep the petrol station part as there aren't any others nearby?

Well there's the Tesco/Esso at Nether Green and Cutlers on Northfield Rd, both of which always seem to be 2-3p a litre cheaper. Filled up at Crosspool once and never have since after discovering what a rip-off it is and I've never seen more than 4/5 cars in there at once, no wonder it's closing.

Thinking about it, if the new development doesn't involve a petrol station, that means for anyone travelling from Brook Hill to Manchester there wouldn't be a single fuel stop until Glossop :huh: